Service Studio 11.5.44

Just started in Outsystems, I am trying to display a calendar only. Without having to input date. 

Something Like This. Without the Input thing. Used with DatePicker

Hi Penny,

Is this what you're looking for? There's a walkthrough for a flat DatePicker in the documentation page here. You can then just add "display: none;" to the input to hide it.

Let me know if you need the espace to check out the implementation.

Afonso Carvalho wrote:

Hi Penny,

Is this what you're looking for? There's a walkthrough for a flat DatePicker in the documentation page here. You can then just add "display: none;" to the input to hide it.

Let me know if you need the espace to check out the implementation.

Good Day Sir Afonso, thanks for the idea. However when I made the input visible:false, the calendar below also disappears. Would it be alright to see the espace?

Hi, 

Don't use the property Visible set to False. It will make your input not be rendered in the HTML and the calendar widget will stop working. 

In the input extended properties, add a new property: style

Than add the following value : "display: none"

This way, the input will be rendered, but will not be visible. 

Cheers 

P. S. Not allowing the user to type the date is not considered a good practice in most situations. 

Solution

Penny wrote:

Good Day Sir Afonso, thanks for the idea. However when I made the input visible:false, the calendar below also disappears. Would it be alright to see the espace?

It's as Eduardo says: if you use the Service Studio "Visible" parameter and set it to False, what happens is the element is not drawn on the page. Since there's no input to base off, the Calendar doesn't get drawn. I've attached the espace, check out how the input is hidden from the user.

Let us know if you have any problems!

Solution

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

P. S. Not allowing the user to type the date is not considered a good practice in most situations. 

Thanks Sir Eduardo. I will keep this in mind. It is just that the request only includes a visible calendar. Next time I will try my best to apply proper practice. 

Afonso Carvalho wrote:

Penny wrote:

It's as Eduardo says: if you use the Service Studio "Visible" parameter and set it to False, what happens is the element is not drawn on the page. Since there's no input to base off, the Calendar doesn't get drawn. I've attached the espace, check out how the input is hidden from the user.

Let us know if you have any problems!

Good Day Sir Afonso. Thank you sir for the Espace. I finally understand the implementation you were telling me. I also found out that I placed "{bound:false}" in the wrong property. 

Glad to hear it. The pattern you want is very common in mobile, but it's not something you see everyday in desktop. I'd recommend that you clearly label what the Calendar is for, and your user should be fine with regards to usability.