Hello,

I'm developing a mobile app, and one of it's features is too add files on the backoffice like, (pdf, words, excels, etc...), mostly pdf, but I'm having quite some issues finding a component that can download a binary content. Everything that I find is components that actualy do download but only from URLs.

I've seen this post https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/27001/how-to-download-pdf-docx-xlsx-from-binary-in-db-to-mobile-app/ but still I find it a bit confusing, and not a clear answer on how to do it, and if it's possible or not...

Because of this I'm asking for help.

Waiting for a reply, in advance thank you.

Hi Daniel,

You need to take a look at the File Transfer Plugin. There's also a seperate example.

Solution

Hello Daniel!

I once have been through this...

I remembered using the file plugin's save file method for this.

You will have to specify filename with the path to where you want to save the fily, and filetype

Ex: "downloads/file.pdf"

Solution

Henrique Farias Pereira da Silva wrote:

Hello Daniel!

I once have been through this...

I remembered using the file plugin's save file method for this.

You will have to specify filename with the path to where you want to save the fily, and filetype

Ex: "downloads/file.pdf"

Didn't know that I could save the file using the plug in and then use the URL of the save file to get the file... 

Well netherway this problem is no longer because it's not a best practice to storage lot's of binary data to the local storage, but still your answer is the best solution for me.

Thank you anyway.