[Human Readable Change History] Can't compare differences between two list of same structure data?

Forge Component
(23)
Published on 2019-04-08 by Johan den Ouden
23 votes
Published on 2019-04-08 by Johan den Ouden

Hi all,

As I mention above, I use RecordDifferences action to audit two lists of structure data but WhatChangedText return empty string " ". I don't understand why it doesn't compare two sets of structures.

This is two lists with the same structure employee

I assign two lists with the output of two aggerate

But When I pass two lists into RecordDifferences and run it, WhatChangedText output returns the empty string.

Is there any way to resolve this issue?

Regards,

Huy Nguyen

Huy Nguyen wrote:

Hi all,

As I mention above, I use RecordDifferences action to audit two lists of structure data but WhatChangedText return empty string " ". I don't understand why it doesn't compare two sets of structures.

This is two lists with the same structure employee

I assign two lists with the output of two aggerate

But When I pass two lists into RecordDifferences and run it, WhatChangedText output returns the empty string.

Is there any way to resolve this issue?

Regards,

Huy Nguyen

Hello Huy Nguyen,

According to the component's documentation, you are not able to compare two structures using the RecordDifferences action.

The documentation states:

RecordDifferences

Provides a textual description of changes to a record, with entity reference introspection.

In Parameters

OriginalRecord (Object) The entity prior to a change. Use ToObject(TheEntity). Must be an entity, may not be a structure.

ChangedRecord (Object) The entity prior to a change. Use ToObject(TheEntity). Must be of the same type as OriginalRecord. 

You can find the documentation for this component here: https://www.outsystems.com/forge/Component_Documentation.aspx?ProjectId=374&ProjectName=human-readable-change-history

One workaround would be to try and do the logic using records instead of structures.

I hope this helps you.

Best Regards,

Bruno Mexia