Submit Method with Destination Question

Hi,

I have a button that execute a screen action using Submit Method, inside the screen action I put a Destination to let say Screen B at the end. 

What I notice is when the screen navigate to Screen B through the Destination in the screen action, the URL on the browser still showing Screen A URL, which I don't want because when User try to refresh the page it will direct them back to Screen A. 

So how do I navigate to other screen properly using the Submit Method?

Kevin Wie wrote:

Hi,

I have a button that execute a screen action using Submit Method, inside the screen action I put a Destination to let say Screen B at the end. 

What I notice is when the screen navigate to Screen B through the Destination in the screen action, the URL on the browser still showing Screen A URL, which I don't want because when User try to refresh the page it will direct them back to Screen A. 

Hi Kevin,

Please use External Site widget to redirect from Screen A to Screen B using Submit Method.

For your reference

https://vermaamit52.outsystemscloud.com/Utilities/ScreenA.aspx

Hope this help :)

Best Regards,

Amit Verma

I Kevin,

You can change destination to ExternalURL and then paste the URL you want to redirect.

Solution

Hi everybody,

If you don't need a Submit (e.g. you are not uploading a file), you can change the method from Submit to Ajax Submit, and use a Destination as end node, instead an External URL.

The Ajax Submit will not execute a Server Redirection like the Submit, so the URL will change in the browser.

Cheers.

Solution

Amit Verma wrote:

Kevin Wie wrote:

Hi,

Hi Kevin,

Please use External Site widget to redirect from Screen A to Screen B using Submit Method.

For your reference

Best Regards,

Amit Verma

Hi, what is the "GetRequestDomain()" and "GetEntryURL" ?

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi everybody,

If you don't need a Submit (e.g. you are not uploading a file), you can change the method from Submit to Ajax Submit, and use a Destination as end node, instead an External URL.

The Ajax Submit will not execute a Server Redirection like the Submit, so the URL will change in the browser.

Cheers.

Hi Eduardo,

In my case, the submit is used to insert a record in the backend table (no binary field) . Is it fine to use Ajax Submit?

Hi Kevin, 

It is perfectly fine. Even more if you are navigating away from the page. :) 

Cheers.

Kevin Wie wrote:

Amit Verma wrote:

Kevin Wie wrote:

Hi,

Hi Kevin,

For your reference

Best Regards,

Amit Verma

Hi, what is the "GetRequestDomain()" and "GetEntryURL" ?

Hi Kelvin,

These are two method inside the HTTPRequestHandler extension. 

Yes if it use Ajax Submit then also it is working fine for redirect to Screen B as well save the data in table for Best Practices.

Best Regards,

Amit Verma

Hi guys, thanks for all the answers :)

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi everybody,

Cheers.

Wow. Just magically works. But why? WHYYYY?