[BulkInsert] Is there any way to debug in BulkInsert function in BulkInsert Extension?

Forge Component
(17)
Published on 2 Oct (13 days ago) by José Galter
17 votes
Published on 2 Oct (13 days ago) by José Galter

Hi all,

As mention above, is there any way to debug BulkInsert function?

Because right now, I can't insert a list of record data to the table by using this function so I think it must have some errors during processing. But when I debug, it seems like no error, the flow doesn't jump in the exception handler. I don't know why.

Regards,

Huy Nguyen

Hi Huy,

At some point, the Bulk Insert team must have released a version of the component that was catching all errors and writing to the General log, by mistake. I've got a few complaints about this recently, but I haven't had the time to fix it.

For now, please check your General Log to see what the error is.

João Pedro Abreu wrote:

Hi Huy,

At some point, the Bulk Insert team must have released a version of the component that was catching all errors and writing to the General log, by mistake. I've got a few complaints about this recently, but I haven't had the time to fix it.

Hi João Pedro Abreu,

I check the general log already but I don't see any error log for Bulk Insert.

Is there another way to check the error log?

Regards,

Huy Nguyen

Huy Nguyen wrote:

João Pedro Abreu wrote:

Hi Huy,

Hi João Pedro Abreu,

Regards,

Huy Nguyen

Hi Huy ...
What database version are you using?
I visualized the extension source code, and it is logging into the General tab of ServiceCenter only if it is SQL Server database, with module name "BulkInsert".
If it is ORACLE or MySQL, logging is not enabled for all possible errors .... In this case it can log in the Error tab, but it does not always create.
Soon we will publish (I believe today) an updated version, which exposes all errors in Servicecenter, in the error tab, and also returns the error to the module that called the extension. Notice when available.

José Galter wrote:

Huy Nguyen wrote:

João Pedro Abreu wrote:

Hi Huy,

Hi João Pedro Abreu,

Regards,

Huy Nguyen

Hi Huy ...
What database version are you using?
I visualized the extension source code, and it is logging into the General tab of ServiceCenter only if it is SQL Server database, with module name "BulkInsert".
If it is ORACLE or MySQL, logging is not enabled for all possible errors .... In this case it can log in the Error tab, but it does not always create.
Soon we will publish (I believe today) an updated version, which exposes all errors in Servicecenter, in the error tab, and also returns the error to the module that called the extension. Notice when available.

New Version published, Added error handling, with error log being saved in ServiceCenter, Errors tab and also General tab with module name BulkInsert.

I created a test in my personal area, see below:
https://galter.outsystemscloud.com/Test_APP/Test.aspx

Go to and click the OK button

Any questions, we are available!

Hi José Galter,

I use default Outsystems Database.

After updating BulkInsert to the new version, I try to use BulkInsert Action again but it can't insert data into the database and it doesn't jump in error exception flow also.

I check in the service center, both in the error tab and general tab, still don't see any error log. 

Regards,

Huy Nguyen