List Filter System Action Losing Records When Used With SQL

I have a refresh table action that is triggered when a column is dynamically sorted. The action refreshes a SQL query that brings back a list of 178 records and outputs a list of a structure data type. This list is then fed into the List Filter system action. The filtered list is then output to a local list of a structure data type and fed into the Table Records widget.

See the image attached. The path circled in green is the one I'm highlighting in this post.

When the column is sorted one way, I return 36 records from the FilterByActiveOnly action. The same column sorted the other way returns eight records. I have confirmed 178 records are going into the FilterByActiveOnly action.

The SQL list is not bound to the table records widget. I am losing records before the list is even output to the table widget.

Can the List Filter action only take a certain amount of records?

Thank you.

Hi Cory,

instead of the count of the sql, can you also take a look at the length of the list ?  Is that also 178 or is it less.  If it's less, that explains why filtering will produce different results dependent on the sorting.  Then the question remains why it's less.  There is no "Max. Records" on the SQL ?

If above doesn't give any clues in the right direction, can you maybe share the oml or an example oml with same behaviour ?

Dorine

Cory Kourcklas wrote:

I have a refresh table action that is triggered when a column is dynamically sorted. The action refreshes a SQL query that brings back a list of 178 records and outputs a list of a structure data type. This list is then fed into the List Filter system action. The filtered list is then output to a local list of a structure data type and fed into the Table Records widget.

See the image attached. The path circled in green is the one I'm highlighting in this post.

When the column is sorted one way, I return 36 records from the FilterByActiveOnly action. The same column sorted the other way returns eight records. I have confirmed 178 records are going into the FilterByActiveOnly action.

The SQL list is not bound to the table records widget. I am losing records before the list is even output to the table widget.

Thank you.

Hi Cory!

No, it can take any number of records in the specified SourceList. It's the Table Record and Editable Table Widgets that has the Line Count property to specify how many records to display.

Best regards,

Joseph Enriquez

So the issue ended up being using a local list to hold the source records after filtering.

After testing this in my Outsystems environment, I found that assigning the source list to the local list only retained 50 records.

When I appended all of the records from the source list to the local list, all of my records were retained.

Is this intended behavior? It seems to me that using append over assign would be much slower, performance wise, if I have to utilize local lists.