How to keep the sub menu open after click in side menu template

Hi,

Iam using Side Menu Template. I would like to keep the sub menu item kept open after clicking it and highlight the active one. Currently after clicking the sub menu item, page loads and sub menu items collapses. Please help me to achieve this functionality.

Hi Sankareswari,

What version of outsystems are you using? If it is version 11, this behaviour already is present in that template.

Alexandre Realinho wrote:

Hi Sankareswari,

What version of outsystems are you using? If it is version 11, this behaviour already is present in that template.

Hi Alexandra,

Thanks for the help. Iam using Version 11 only. I tried the code exactly as yours. But not working. Is there any css for Menu_SubMenuItem class?. Please let me know

Sankareswari Muthiah wrote:

Alexandre Realinho wrote:

Hi Sankareswari,

Hi Alexandra,

Thanks for the help. Iam using Version 11 only. I tried the code exactly as yours. But not working. Is there any css for Menu_SubMenuItem class?. Please let me know

The Code was using just the default css, you did you create the links manually for the subitems? or Did you use the accelerator by dragging the screen onto the MenuSubItems placeholder?

From the accelerator it adds to the link the following extented properties:

class: 

Menu_GetStyle(ActiveSubMenuItemId = Entities.MenuSubItem.SubItemScreen,"Menu_SubMenuItem Menu_SubMenuItemActive","Menu_SubMenuItem")

While the expression inside the link is:

GetMenuSubItem(Entities.MenuSubItem.SubItemScreen).MenuSubItem.Caption

Try as well to see the Static Entities MenuItem, MenuSubItem, if they have the proper records for the platform to know what menu items and sub items are there.