Editable Table, Double Header (If it is Applicable)

I am just wondering if it is possible to have a double header or a row with static value (don't know if static is the right term). The reason is I have to align the equivalent values computed in a row and display it in a static row aside from the current header. I tried copying the header and pasting it again but it comes out to have its own another table. 

Solution

Hi Penny,

I don't believe this is possible out-of-the-box with an EditableTable. And since multiple headers isn't valid HTML either, I think your best bet would be to disable the first row, and use CSS to make it look like a header. 

You could use the :first pseudo-class to only affect the first row of the table for the layout part, and then inside the EditableTable widget, you could make it so instead of having inputs, you'd display Expressions with your values.

Solution

Afonso Carvalho wrote:

Hi Penny,

I don't believe this is possible out-of-the-box with an EditableTable. And since multiple headers isn't valid HTML either, I think your best bet would be to disable the first row, and use CSS to make it look like a header. 

You could use the :first pseudo-class to only affect the first row of the table for the layout part, and then inside the EditableTable widget, you could make it so instead of having inputs, you'd display Expressions with your values.

Thank you Sir Afonso.

I just happen to explore the possibility of it. About replacing the values in the first row. Would I need to put an If statement something like current.row = 1(I currently am finding the right variable to call) to change?

Yes, you'd use something like EditableTable.List.CurrentRowNumber = 0. That way you would only affect the first row (since the list is zero based).

Afonso Carvalho wrote:

Yes, you'd use something like EditableTable.List.CurrentRowNumber = 0. That way you would only affect the first row (since the list is zero based).

Good Day Sir Afonso, thank you for your time. I happen to edit some few more values and it is now working. 

Glad to hear it. Let us know if you have more questions.