upload widget permission message rejected by app store
Question

Heya guys, 

I'm using the upload widget in my mobile app. part of the widgets functionality on a mobile device allows access to the camera.  the permissions request text is a bit too generic / sounds a bit sinister.  

"we access your camera to take pictures."

The App Store has rejected my app and requested a more informative message but I have no idea where to override this since its not a plugin.  I'm already using a plugin in the extensibility settings.  Can I override this in extensibility without it being a plugin?  really not sure where to change this.  any help would be much appreciated.

attachment10224788251360833993Screenshot1002125256.png

Hi Steve, 

Thanks for posting this, we are have the exact same issue and I clearly see you used an extension plugin to add a more meaningful description, we have attempted a few scenarios however none seem to work. 

We have tried adding 

<edit-config target="NSCameraUsageDescription" file="*-Info.plist" mode="overwrite">
    <string>**More meaningful explanation**</string>
</edit-config>
<edit-config target="NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription" file="*-Info.plist" mode="overwrite">
    <string>**More meaningful explanation**</string>
</edit-config>

However when building the app, we are presented with the following error:

Failed to install 'cordova-plugin-edit-plist-file': Error: There was a conflict trying to modify attributes with <edit-config> in plugin cordova-plugin-edit-plist-file. The conflicting plugin, undefined, already modified the same attributes. The conflict must be resolved before cordova-plugin-edit-plist-file can be added. You may use --force to add the plugin and overwrite the conflicting attributes.

I'm not sure if you faced the same issue and how to resolve it?

You guidance would be very appreciated

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.