[Silk UI Web] DatePicker is setting the input value before user interaction

Forge Component
(102)
Published on 9 Mar by OutSystems R&D
102 votes
Published on 9 Mar by OutSystems R&D
Processing Upload...

When you have a input of type date and it is set initially to null date, DatePicker is setting the value before the user making any selection.

I've attached an example.

Details:

Platform version 11

Silk UI Web version 4.1.2 

Your example is still processing the upload. Maybe try uploading again.

Processing Upload...

Seems there's some kind of problem uploading files..
However I will leave here some screenshots.

outsystems do not have null values, the null date value is 1900-01-01, if you are waiting for a null date you will always get this date. What do you have in your date picker widget properties?

Hi Bruno, when you set the value to 1900-01-01 (null value) on preparation you are expecting the input to be empty, but it is not, instead it is being filled by the current date.

Preparation:

What user sees:If a server action is used, the current date is being sent, instead of null.

Solution
Processing Upload...

Folks the conclusion I come to is, that the value of the variable is always set after the preparation with CurrentDate (trough Javascript), even when the initial date parameter is set on the widget.
So I think this widget is not allowing to do the same that the RichWidgets\Input_Calendar does (only sets a value after user interation).

In this post I attached the module again, since when I made this post there was a problem.

Regards,

Solution