Ajax Refresh taking Long time.

Web Application, V-11

I have one use-case when AJAX refreshing the list it will take longer time to Load. So in such scenario how we can debugged it and how we can solve this issue.


Hi Rohan,

How big is your list? How many records is it displaying? When you say much longer, have you attempted to measure the time (with Audits, or other mechanisms)?

Rohan,

Simply doing an Ajax refresh shouldn't take long. A data refresh could be the instigator.


The only reason i can think of, making Ajax refresh be slower is when you use a lot of !Importants in your css.

Afonso Carvalho wrote:

Hi Rohan,

How big is your list? How many records is it displaying? When you say much longer, have you attempted to measure the time (with Audits, or other mechanisms)?

Hi Afonso,

May be around 1 Lakh records are there. I just wanted to know the debugging methods and way to solve this.

Thanks for the reply... 


Stefano Valente wrote:

Rohan,

Simply doing an Ajax refresh shouldn't take long. A data refresh could be the instigator.


The only reason i can think of, making Ajax refresh be slower is when you use a lot of !Importants in your css.

Yes, we will have to refresh data that are being used and after will have to use AJAX refresh. I did the both.

and haven't use any CSS making as !important.


Hi Rohan,

Do you have any binary data in entities of this list?

I had a problem with this a time ago.

could yo ucheck the slowsql report? I think the refresh data is your problem.

Bruno Schumacher wrote:

Hi Rohan,

Do you have any binary data in entities of this list?

I had a problem with this a time ago.

No, Don't have binary data at Entity side. 

Stefano Valente wrote:

could yo ucheck the slowsql report? I think the refresh data is your problem.

Lets take a example of "lazy loading" what exactly it works. It initially load 10 records on page load and after clicking Load More button it will load next 10 records. What I want want is while clicking on Load More button/link i wanted to append the next 10 records to the previously renders list instead of refreshing the the list container. What happen when you refresh container with data refresh first time it will show 10 records and next time 20 and go on. But when you refresh such a large data in lakh's then rendering will take some considerable amount of time to load that much of data. So, In this situation what will be the best practice to achieve this. (And I don't want to use the pagination).

Thanks.....      


Stefano Valente wrote:

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/495/how-to-lazy-load


Could be the answer to your problem.

Hi Stefano,

I have just given an example mentioned above to define a situation like that. ok let me put in other way around. with example like I have the table record with Source Identifier with 1 lakh records and without pagination in the screen. so, In this scenario the rending data list is slow. How to improve the performance?

Thanks..... 


So, what you are saying is that your data refresh is slow, even when returning just 1 record?

I am sorry, i thought you asked for a way to load your data in portions, because it was a large dataset. For this you could use Lazy load.


If you have slowsql on your aggregation we need to look into your aggregation. We might be able to give some pointers.


Can you make a print screen of your aggregate, the filters, the sorting etc.?