Reactive Web Apps Don't Seem to be Compatible with Many Existing Components

I upgraded to the new release of OutSystems but it seems that there are many things that I have previously downloaded from the Forge that are not compatible with the new Reactive Web Apps.  For instance, I have a template that I created from Liverpool.  When I create a new reactive web application and set that theme as a dependency, the UI Flows and the Theme components are unchecked and even if I check them, they revert to being unchecked.  I even tried to add the Liverpool Theme itself as a dependency and it behaved the same way.  

I've noticed other Forge components (like ztree and Hierarchicial Tree view) behave the same when included in the new Reactive web Apps....some things are unchecked and cannot be included.

Can you tell me what types of components are still compatible with the reactive web apps or is there some sort of rebuilding process that must be done for these components to work with the new web apps?

Thanks!

Solution

Hi,

First of all you can filter the Forge on application type, all components shown when filtering on Reactive are compatible to be used in your reactive applications.

To help yourself deciding, remember that  reactive web app is passed on mostly the same technology also used by mobile apps.

Rendering your UI takes place by reactjs in the browser NOT on the server like it does for traditional web applications.

So following will NOT be compatible

- OutSystems UI Web theme and patterns or any components based on them

- SilkUI Web theme and patterns or any components based on them.

What wll be compatible are components  that have pure server side logic or data elemrnt, server actions, structures, entities.

What most likely will be compatible or could be made compatible  are OutSystems UI mobile components that do not used local storage, offline sync logic and Cordova plugins.

Regards,

Daniel

Solution

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi,

First of all you can filter the Forge on application type, all components shown when filtering on Reactive are compatible to be used in your reactive applications.

To help yourself deciding, remember that  reactive web app is passed on mostly the same technology also used by mobile apps.

Rendering your UI takes place by reactjs in the browser NOT on the server like it does for traditional web applications.

So following will NOT be compatible

- OutSystems UI Web theme and patterns or any components based on them

- SilkUI Web theme and patterns or any components based on them.

What wll be compatible are components  that have pure server side logic or data elemrnt, server actions, structures, entities.

What most likely will be compatible or could be made compatible  are OutSystems UI mobile components that do not used local storage, offline sync logic and Cordova plugins.

Regards,

Daniel

Thanks for the clarity, Daniel!

Your welcome

Hi Sylvia,

As mentioned by Daniël you are able to use Reactive components on Reactive Apps. We expect the number of components in Forge to grow very quickly with the help of our amazing community.

Additionally, you can also convert Mobile modules to Reactive and use them across both application types.

Feel free to continue using the forums to let us know of any other questions we can help with.

Vitor Teixeira wrote:

Hi Sylvia,

As mentioned by Daniël you are able to use Reactive components on Reactive Apps. We expect the number of components in Forge to grow very quickly with the help of our amazing community.

Additionally, you can also convert Mobile modules to Reactive and use them across both application types.

Feel free to continue using the forums to let us know of any other questions we can help with.

Ah.  Good to know.  Thanks for the info, Vitor!