Notification when i get a POST to my database

I made a web app that has an exposed POST API that let a user create an entry in my database and i want to get a notification in the browser when someone posts(create a new entry) in my database.

The pourpous of this is to make a phrase game where a user makes a post with a string, i get a notification/feedback message and then add somthing to that string and post on other persons database.

Expose Process Events on the entity: 

Create a process with Launch On the create event of that entity:

Create an automatic activity inside your process and build your logic to notify users.

Hope that helps.

Arley Silveira wrote:

Expose Process Events on the entity: 

Create a process with Launch On the create event of that entity:

Create an automatic activity inside your process and build your logic to notify users.

Hope that helps.

Ty for your answer, but how can i create a notification inside the automatic activity, sInce i dont have access to Feedback Message?

Hi Miguel,

The only way to check whether someone updated the database is to have the browser regularly check with the server whether this is the case. There's no sane way of having the server notify the browser. Check e.g. this Forge component.

Hi Miguel,

You can combine Arley´s suggestion launching a web service when a record had been created on Post entity. In this service you can call a Web Notifications.  See if this this component can help you to do that https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/2060/web-notifications

Regards

Fabio