Combo box special values empty strings?

Hey so my question is kinda hard to explain but I will do my best. 

I have a combo box to determine the sex of the person being recorded into the system. So in order to keep it nice and tidy I have it's source entity being an empty structure and three special values for the sex choices(Male: option1, Female: option2, Undetermined: option) but when I create or update the person entity the value being recorded by the form is "". Am I doing something wrong or I am I trying to do something that outsystems cannot do presently?

I hope that I was able to explain in an understandable fashion, if there is still something unclear I can provide screen shots.

Thanks!

Phil

Hi Phil,

When you use the Special List do you have to verify the Special Variable

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Reference/OutSystems_Language/Web_Interfaces/Designing_Screens/Combo_Box_Widget

Special VariableHolds the value selected by the user if this value belongs to the defined Special List.

The variable must be of type Text, Phone Number, Email, Boolean, Integer, or Long Integer.
At runtime, if the user selects a value among the Source Entity/Structure list of values, this property will have the value "".

Best Regards,

Leandro Correa.

Leandro Correa wrote:

Hi Phil,

When you use the Special List do you have to verify the Special Variable

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Reference/OutSystems_Language/Web_Interfaces/Designing_Screens/Combo_Box_Widget

Special VariableHolds the value selected by the user if this value belongs to the defined Special List.

The variable must be of type Text, Phone Number, Email, Boolean, Integer, or Long Integer.
At runtime, if the user selects a value among the Source Entity/Structure list of values, this property will have the value "".

Best Regards,

Leandro Correa.

Here is what I have on the special values list:

Sorry for the confusing editing of my last post, I didn't know the attatchment link would be placed at the top.

Hi Felipe,

What Leandro means is that you've got to provide a variable in the Special Variable field. This variable is being filled with the value of the special list that's selected:

Regards,

Lennart