Unknown Function OutSystem 11

Hello Everyone . I am new to this Outsystem and i am very much excited to learn this . 


I have problem with user defined function which is not able to refer in my UI even though i added using manage dependency. 


I have created a function in Core Module as producer and added reference using Manage dependency in the UI module (Consumer)

You need to change the function property of the action from no to yes.

Jegan P wrote:

Hello Everyone . I am new to this Outsystem and i am very much excited to learn this . 


I have problem with user defined function which is not able to refer in my UI even though i added using manage dependency. 


I have created a function in Core Module as producer and added reference using Manage dependency in the UI module (Consumer)

Hi Jegan,

can you check the function property of the action is Public : Yes and Function : Yes and then added reference using Manage dependency in the module.

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Reuse_and_Refactor/Expose_and_Reuse_Functionality_Between_Modules

Hope this will help :)

Thanks,

Amit


Hi Jegan, 

Once you have configured the settings indicated above, the function should also then be available in your User Functions folder: 

Thanks, 

Nicholas

@Amith & Kennath Jay Thank you so much for your attention and kind response. I did both(Public =Yes Function=Yes) as your mentioned above but still function which i created alone is not coming rest other DB entities able to refer. i am not sure what is the problem. 

Please help me to resolve this 

Screenshot attached for your reference 

Jegan P wrote:

@Amith & Kennath Jay Thank you so much for your attention and kind response. I did both(Public =Yes Function=Yes) as your mentioned above but still function which i created alone is not coming rest other DB entities able to refer. i am not sure what is the problem. 

Please help me to resolve this 

Screenshot attached for your reference 

Could you share your application file?

Thanks.


Nicholas van Wyngaard wrote: Thanks for your response . That's what my expectation, But even after i did still i dont see the function listing in my User Function folder. Not sure i am missing here

Hi Jegan, 

Once you have configured the settings indicated above, the function should also then be available in your User Functions folder: 

Thanks, 

Nicholas



Hi Jegan!

In addition to the steps proposed by our colleagues,

Is the custom function you created under that module checked or ticked in the Public Elements (right side) of the Manage Dependencies window?

P.S. Change the dropdown on the right side to Show All.

Kind regards,
Joseph Enriquez

Jegan P wrote:

@Amith & Kennath Jay Thank you so much for your attention and kind response. I did both(Public =Yes Function=Yes) as your mentioned above but still function which i created alone is not coming rest other DB entities able to refer. i am not sure what is the problem. 

Please help me to resolve this 

Screenshot attached for your reference 

Hi Jegan,

Please re-publish again of the function module and then take the reference of other module.

Thanks,

Amit


Joseph Enriquez wrote:Hi Joseph , PFA of Managedependency window . Customer function ticked/checked properly . 

Hi Jegan!

In addition to the steps proposed by our colleagues,

Is the custom function you created under that module checked or ticked in the Public Elements (right side) of the Manage Dependencies window?

P.S. Change the dropdown on the right side to Show All.

Kind regards,
Joseph Enriquez



Amit Verma wrote: I tried no luck :( 

Jegan P wrote:

@Amith & Kennath Jay Thank you so much for your attention and kind response. I did both(Public =Yes Function=Yes) as your mentioned above but still function which i created alone is not coming rest other DB entities able to refer. i am not sure what is the problem. 

Please help me to resolve this 

Screenshot attached for your reference 

Hi Jegan,

Please re-publish again of the function module and then take the reference of other module.

Thanks,

Amit




Hi Jegan,

Just to make sure, you are developing a Web App, and the Function is a Server Action with its "Function" Property set to True? And you have referenced this Function in an eSpace, and it shows up there with "Function" set to True?

Make sure the references in the consumer module are refreshed.

Also, do you see the function in the Logic tab in your consumer module?

Could you please share your application .oml files? (save the modules locally and add them as files here)

Jeroen Bindels wrote:

Make sure the references in the consumer module are refreshed.

Also, do you see the function in the Logic tab in your consumer module?

Could you please share your application .oml files? (save the modules locally and add them as files here)



Jegan P wrote: i have attached both files 

Jeroen Bindels wrote:

Make sure the references in the consumer module are refreshed.

Also, do you see the function in the Logic tab in your consumer module?

Could you please share your application .oml files? (save the modules locally and add them as files here)





Hi Jegan,

It seems you have created a Mobile App. Mobile Apps cannot use Server Functions in Expressions.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote: I have created reactive Web app 

Hi Jegan,

It seems you have created a Mobile App. Mobile Apps cannot use Server Functions in Expressions.



Solution

Ah, yes, for Reactive Web Apps the same goes: you cannot use Server Functions.

Solution

Correct. Create the GetAppName as a Client Action instead. Still set the public properties to True.

Thank you so much for your support and response . Since i am in learning phase and made basic errors apologize for that.

Hi Jegan,

No need to apologize! We all had to learn (and are still learning). Happy coding!