Hi

I want to track what ever changes I have done at the development time.is it possible to track our changes in Outsystems versioning control.

Hi,

You say beyond service center monitoring? 

Hi,

Here is some OutSystems documentation regarding version control:

Regards,

Daniel

Leandro Correa wrote:yes.my client is asking is it possible to maintain version manually?like TFS changeset.they want to track the changeset for particular task in Outsystems.

Hi,

You say beyond service center monitoring? 

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:we want to track the changeset in TFS like.basically for every version what changes we have done that tracking is possible or not.

Hi,

Regards,

Daniel

Arkyadeep Bharadwaj wrote:

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:we want to track the changeset in TFS like.basically for every version what changes we have done that tracking is possible or not.

Hi,

Regards,

Daniel

I don't think it is possible. Maybe someone made a custom solution for this.

Yes, I agree with Daniel, you will have to customize!

Leandro Correa wrote:

Yes, I agree with Daniel, you will have to customize!

Do you have any reference for this how to do this?any idea.

This feature has been suggested a few times over the years.  Last year I believe this was brought again up in an OutSystems developer outreach research group headed by OutSystems' Stacey Levine.  My understanding is the oap files are encrypted and thus a straight diff is not possible.  It would be possible to diff on the individual files streamed from the server however, but the mapping back to the OS module, object, and properties in the low code would have to done manually.

I have to do this a few times when applications that worked in one environment do not work in when published to a different environment with all module versions being equal.  The problem in my case was a reference was removed from the application.  The environments where the application was previously published prior to the reference being removed continued to work.  However the application failed when published to a new environment where the application had never been published before.  Looking at the served files between the working and non working application environment showed a difference in the included javascript files.  The non working environment was missing a particular javascript file, while the working environments included this missing file one or more times.  The missing javascript file pointed to an excluded webblock reference.  Adding this reference fixed the non working environment.  To clean the extra references on the working environment I had to recreate the screen that contained the webblock.  I believe there was some type of servicestudio compiler optimization file that was cached and/or corrupt on the working environments; something like the DCOM register/unregister counter was out of sync.

It would sure be nice to see the history of the css, aspx, or jsx file over time in addition to OS objects.  I believe there is a software patent on the the visual diff feature, thus the continued love for it internally.  I think there was also some concern that the generated server side code would easily allow one to knockoff a similar product to OutSystems as a visual studio/code extension.  With the reactive apps, this should not be as much as a concerned, as the generated code files are fully view able.  I would really like to see gitkraken for OS objects.  The two new developer source related tools mentioned at NextStep 2019 were a module dependency viewer/mapper and being able to branch/forking a module; both scheduled for release in Q1 of 2020.