Service Studio Mac not running on Catalina

Hi everyone!

If you upgraded your Mac operating system to the most recent version (Catalina), Service Studio Mac will not work. We are aware of the impacts and are working to overcome this limitation. Until then, and to unblock your development experience, you can use a virtual machine to set up the Windows version of Service Studio.
Also, we've updated our OutSystems Service Studio for Mac help page to add this information to the known limitations.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Tércio

There's a deadline to fix Service Studio to run on OS X Catalina?

Hi, Please let us know when the fix is done.

Hope it will be fixed soon :) 

Hoping a reply shows up when a fix for this arrives.

Hey guys any new about this fix??

Be great to get an update on this? Could do with restarting my mac but living in fear that it'll auto update...

Just drop this version already. It's pretty bad and useless. Go native asap.

Hey Tércio Soares, this post is almost two weeks old now. Is there an eta for when an updated Mac version

will be released?

More context: OSX Catalina has dropped 32bit support which means the current OS approach of packing their app inside a Wine wrapper isn't viable. Sounds like the team behind Wine are hopeful they'll have some solution working 'by the end of the year'...

So it's looking like we shouldn't be holding out breath for an update to this version. Hopefully OS have been working on a native, electron or cloud based app instead. As others have commented, I'm sure any of those would be preferable to the current app. 

It would be great if the macOS Service Studio has also an auto-update feature ;-) I've posted it as an idea that hopefully benefits the Mac users in our comminity. 

https://www.outsystems.com/ideas/7449/auto-update-service-studio-for-macos

Best of luck working on the fixes to get Service Studio working on macOS Catalina.

Keep up the good work :-)

William

Hi everyone!

Although we don't have this issue solved yet, I want to let you know that we are still working in this issue, trying to overcome this limitation. I'll keep you posted and updated.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Tércio

I only saw this problem after I updated my Mac, now I don't know what can I do.

Hi, Please let us know when the fix is done.

Same issue here

Hi.

As posted before, to unblock your development you can use a virtual machine to set up the Windows version of Service Studio. Until we can solve this issue, this is our proposal.

Thanks,

Tércio