Can't open Service Center

Can't open Service Center

Hello,

I have installed the outsystems paltform server but when I try to acess service center in localhost, I got the following error: HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found probably due to an error in installation. Any suggestions of what can it be?

Regards,

Ana Reis
HI Ana

Have you installed the OuTSystems Platform using a Trial Edition installer, or the Platform Server installer?

the first will properly setup all requirements during the installation process, and usually is fit for evaluation purposes. The second requires to follow the Installation CheckList document, which exists for each Platform Release at:

In either of the situations, if you get the 404 error while accessing the Service Center, it's possible that you have a problem in your IIS configuration, which could be:

- Missing default WebSite listening on localhost(127.0.0.1) port 80
- Missing ASP.NET registration on your IIS
- Invalid Mime Type mappings on IIS

So, in order to get a better view of the problem, let us know which version you installed and how did you installed the OutSystems Platform (which installer and components were installed), and which errors you may have during installation.

We will proceed from there ...

Cheers

Miguel
Hello,

I have similar issue when I tried to open the Servie Center.
I have full installation for Agile Platform 5.1 on my laptop and IIS configured for port 80 to be used.
ASP.NET already registered on IIS.
I am not sure about which MIME Types should be added. Please clarify.

Also, I am able to open the Integration Studio 5.1, but I am not able to add any Entity, even in the single "localhost" option which is available for me.
When I entered the "admin" password for the "admin" user in the "Select Server" login window, I got error: "Error connecting to server: Unable to verify platform type in the server".

And last thing what I would like to say (for now), is:
Because of the above issues, I tried to make updates in the Configuration Tool 5.1 for our existing Oracle DB and it was (almost) succeeded for Database Connections (for three different users: for Admin, for Runtime and for Log) and DB Session test login, but it failed when I clicked on the "Configure Session Database" button on the "Session" tab. The error was {ORA-01031: insufficient privileges. ORA-06512: at "CM1.CREATETEMPTABLES", line 5}. I have no idea what that means and what the "Configuration Tool" tried to do with my CM1 (existing on our current Oracle database) user. Please tell me.

So, I am now like in the circle of issues and I do not see an exit from there.
I very like demos of the Agile Platform Tool and I want to use it for my tasks, but it is not working from the beginning for my own tests and I am very sad. :(

Please help.

Thank you in advance.
Gene.
Hi Gene, and welcome to the Agile Platform community forums.

I'm sad to hear that you are having such problems using the Agile Platform.

I would start by asking you exactly what is the problem your facing: is it a 404 error when accessing Service Center?

If that's the case, I recommend you read the Agile Platform 5.1 .Net installation checklist, and then we start from there. Depending on the step where a problem occurs, we might recommend one or other way to approach it.

Specifically, try the following steps:

In Platform Server Configuration Tool, Database tab, create and configure Platform Database schema:
  • Set Microsoft SQL Server in the drop down list DBMS
  • Configure Server and Catalog fields
  • Fill in the Admin user in the Admin section with a user to be granted the Platform Admin role. Pressing Grant Permissions will create the user if needed and then grant it the necessary permissions. To do this, provide a database login with Administrator privileges in the dialog that prompts after clicking Grant Permissions.
  • Fill in the Runtime user in the Runtime section with a user to be granted the Platform Runtime role. Pressing Grant Permissions will create the user if needed and then grant it the necessary permissions. To do this, provide a database login with Administrator privileges in the dialog that prompts after clicking Grant Permissions.
  • Fill in the Log user in the Log section with a user to be granted the Platform Log role. Pressing Grant Permissions will create the user if needed and then grant it the necessary permissions. To do this, provide a database login with Administrator privileges in the dialog that prompts after clicking Grant Permissions.
  • Create Platform Database schema by pressing the Create/Upgrade Database button

In the Platform Server Configuration Tool, Session tab, configure Session State:
  • Configure Server and Catalog fields
  • Fill in the Session user using the database login that will be used to access ASP.NET Session State. Pressing Test Login will check if the user exists and the password is correct. If the user does not exists, it will be created in the next step
  • Configure Session State Database by pressing the Configure Session Database button. Provide a database login with Administrator privileges in the dialog that prompts after pressing Configure Session Database button.
  • Save the configuration by pressing the Ok button
Install device database:
  • In a command prompt console, go to Agile Platform Server installation folder and run the command updatedevicedb.exe
  • Hint: To validate the devicedb.patch syntax prior to updating the machine.config, use the switch -validate. Note that the Default Web Site must be started

Start the following services:
  • OutSystems LogService
  • OutSystems Deployment ControllerService
  • OutSystems DeploymentService

Install Service Center:
  • In a command prompt console, go to Agile Platform Server installation folder and run the command SCInstall.bat
Let us know how it goes. Did you already have IIS installed in your computer? Did you have different websites there?

Regards,

Paulo Tavares

Hi Paulo,

Thanks for details.
Before to receive your response I did some "work around" for some of my issues with Platform usage. Some details of that are below:
I uninstalled Agile Platform, uninstalled IIS, reinstalled IIS to clear port 80, but it was still used by something...
Then I found (with DOS command "netstat  -aon") that port 80 was still used by SQL Server Reporting Services andthis service had "Automatic" start mode setting which restarted itself even if I stopped it from the Task Manager.
So, I stopped this service (from Computer Management --> Services and Applications --> SQL Server Configuration Manager --> SQL Server Services), changed its start mode to "Manual" and then was able to start my port 80 for Default Web Site in IIS.
Then I reinstalled the Agile Platform and was able to open Service Center and was able to see the wizard for the Entity in the Integration Studio.

Paulo,
Now I am having the some issue(s) with DB connections (I already explained that in my original e-mail in this thread).
I tried to make updates in the Configuration Tool 5.1 to connect to our existing Oracle DB and it was (almost) succeeded for Database Connections (for three different users: for Admin, for Runtime and for Log) and DB Session test login, but it failed when I clicked on the "Configure Session Database" button on the "Session" tab.
The error is {ORA-01031: insufficient privileges. ORA-06512: at "CM1.CREATETEMPTABLES", line 5}.

I would like to use Agile Platform with connection to our existing Oracle DB because we do not use SQL Server.
I have the ODBC connection to our Oracle DB which is properly working in another applications.
Please tell me why I am unable to make the connection between Platform and existing Oracle DB ?

Also, another things.
You are suggested to configure the MS SQL Server DB connection from Configuration Tool.
Its Database tab already has some "defined" (maybe as default) Users with passwords.
The users are "OSAdmin", "OSRuntime" and "OSLog". Their Filegroups are defined too as "DEFAULT".
I am not sure if I can change them or use them as is.
So, when I am clicking on "Test Connection" button then all three of them are working well.
But I do not have their passwords, in case if I will need them later to connect to (local) SQL Server DB(s).
How I can find out which passwords are in use and how I can change them (if needed)?

I tried to create my own usernames/passwords and I was not able to do that - I received error: "Failed to connect to DB. Login failed for user".
When I tried to give "Grant Permissions" for my own user/pass then I also got error "Login failed for user 'admin'".
Please tell me what should I do to use local SQL Server  DB?

Thank you in advance.
Gene.

Hi Gene,

You should be able to connect the Agile Platform Community Edition to your existing Oracle database.

However, that is not such a straightforward process as setting it up to connect to SQL Server.

You can learn more about it by reading our .Net Install Checklist, and selecting the Database role, and an Oracle database. Follow the steps and scripts to configure the required database users and tables.

I hope this helps. Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Paulo Tavares