RichWidgets - Setting the autohide in Feedback_Message

RichWidgets - Setting the autohide in Feedback_Message

Hi all,

The message is appearing on the screen with no problems but never goes away. How do I set the Feedback_Message from the RichWidgets to autohide after a second or two?

I know it is capable of doing it but can't seem to find how...

Thanks,
Hermínio Mira
Hi Hermínio,

Based on usability tests the settings for feedback messages are:
  • Error and Warning messages require users to dismiss them (will not auto-hide).
  • Info and Success messages will auto-hide after 15 seconds.
  • All messages are dismissed once the user does something (AJAX refresh, submit or navigate).
If you really need to change these settings you can change the Feedback_Message web block javascript and preparation in the Richwidgets eSpace (attention that changes can have an impact in all applications).

Also, if you are doing applications with a lot of AJAX, bear in mind that the Animation Effect in the Ajax Refresh tool might be enough for users to understand that something was changed.

Cheers,
Tiago Simões
Thanks, this was the info I needed:

* Error and Warning messages require users to dismiss them (will not auto-hide).
* Info and Success messages will auto-hide after 15 seconds.
* All messages are dismissed once the user does something (AJAX refresh, submit or navigate).

I'm aware that I can change the Feedback_Message web block javascript but I was just trying to avoid that.

I did need to create a new Ajax refresh for the Feedback_Message to disappear because other Ajax refresh didn't make it disappear.