How to show prefilled binary in the upload widget ? OS11

Hi guys,

I was wondering if there was a way to show binary data pre filled into an upload widget instead of showing empty. In the example below there is already binary data associated to this record. But I want to prefill the widget with it. I tried looking into doing this in the preparation but no luck.

Any ideas?

Kind regards,

Salim

Hi,

What do you expect to see if you could prefill an upload widget. If you want to show the binary content then the upload widget will not be of any use.

There are some nice Forge components like https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/1281/web-previewer that allow you to easily show the content of a multitude of file types.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Salim,

Why not just shown the file name that is associated with this record and have a button/link for the user to decide that he wants to change the file. If the user clicks it you will show the upload widget.

Regards,

Marcelo

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi,

What do you expect to see if you could prefill an upload widget. If you want to show the binary content then the upload widget will not be of any use.

There are some nice Forge components like https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/1281/web-previewer that allow you to easily show the content of a multitude of file types.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your reply.

I didn't mean for a preview, just to show the widget being full already like below. But loading the page always makes it seem empty. 

Kind regards,

Salim

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi Salim,

Why not just shown the file name that is associated with this record and have a button/link for the user to decide that he wants to change the file. If the user clicks it you will show the upload widget.

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi Marcelo,

Thanks for replying to this.

Yeah that would be a good alternative, I was just wondering if the widget itself had something to show.

Kind regards,

Salim