Inactive row links in Table Records / List Records

In my web application I have scenarios where a link for a row record in a Table Records or List Records widget is not enabled because of conditions set in the properties.  This is the expected behaviour.  However, the disabled link is greyed out and the colour is far too light which might be difficult for some users to see.

How can I change the colour for links that are not enabled due to conditions set in the properties ?

Cheers, Richard.

Hi Richard!

You can change the colour of that inactive link under the Widget properties in the lower right portion. Changing the font colour might do the trick.

Or, you can customize the font colour of that inactive link by modifying its CSS properties.

Kind regards,
Joseph Enriquez

Hi,

You can inspect the html of that part of your page using chrome dev tools. Find the class that sets the color property.

Then go to your application theme and add that class there too with one property being the color and color value of your choice.

That will overrule the base theme setting.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Richard!,

If you want to change color of inactive link through out application then  you can customize the font colour of that inactive link by modifying its CSS properties in your theme module but if you want to change the font & color only in Table Records or List Records then put conditional style in Table Records or List Records with same condition which you are applied for Inactive link.

Regards

-SK-

Solution

Richard Pearce wrote:

In my web application I have scenarios where a link for a row record in a Table Records or List Records widget is not enabled because of conditions set in the properties.  This is the expected behaviour.  However, the disabled link is greyed out and the colour is far too light which might be difficult for some users to see.

How can I change the colour for links that are not enabled due to conditions set in the properties ?

Cheers, Richard.

Hi Richard,

Check the attached oml. disabled links are red color while enable links are green color.

I have just changed the css of disabled link.

Regards

seema Pandey

Solution

Seema Pandey wrote:

Richard Pearce wrote:

Cheers, Richard.

Hi Richard,

Check the attached oml. disabled links are red color while enable links are green color.

Regards

seema Pandey

Hi Seema ,

I have checked your oml file where you are setting the condition of disable link OR on which basis in tablelist records how you disable or enable link (where you check condition)??

I have also check css it is good.

Richard Pearce wrote:

Cheers, Richard.

Hi Richard,

You can download the .oml file and check I have implemented in easy way.

Simply set the If condition on one of the attribute of list  inside the cell in table  . In True branch set the with link with Light color and in False branch set text without link with grey color . (Color property set from Style tab)

Hope this will be helpful for you .

Best Regards,

Nikhil 

Richard Pearce wrote:

Cheers, Richard.

Hi Richard,

in the properties you can some logic behind to change the color.

Bascilly you can do this example:

if(do_something = True, "color: black","color:white")

When i say color, can be anything, as color, backgroud-color,etc...

Hope to help,

Thiago Mari

Seema Pandey wrote:

Richard Pearce wrote:

Cheers, Richard.

Hi Richard,

Regards

seema Pandey

Hi Seema,

Thanks for your solution which is exactly what I am looking for.  I can easily apply the CSS to either selected screen style sheets or to the application theme style sheet.

Cheers, Richard.

Nikhil Gondane wrote:

Richard Pearce wrote:

Cheers, Richard.

Hi Richard,

You can download the .oml file and check I have implemented in easy way.

Simply set the If condition on one of the attribute of list  inside the cell in table  . In True branch set the with link with Light color and in False branch set text without link with grey color . (Color property set from Style tab)

Hope this will be helpful for you .

Best Regards,

Nikhil 

Hi Nikhil,

Thanks for providing your solution which also works, but it requires coding for each link so across many screens it is a lot more effort to apply and maintain.  However it might be a better type of solution in situations where someone wants to change the formatting of the whole row for a disabled link in a Table or List.

Cheers, Richard.

Nikhil Gondane wrote:

Seema Pandey wrote:

Richard Pearce wrote:

Cheers, Richard.

Hi Richard,

Regards

seema Pandey

Hi Seema ,

I have checked your oml file where you are setting the condition of disable link OR on which basis in tablelist records how you disable or enable link (where you check condition)??

I have also check css it is good.

Hi Nikhil,

Check the condition (DOJ should be less than currdate() to enable the link) on enable property of link.

Regards 

seema