Hi,

I am having trouble on creating a parent - child form on React Web. I know this can easily be done on traditional web but I am not sure how to do in on React Web.

I have a structure, Application that can have multiple Applicants. My goal is on the Application form, I can have the ability to add one or more Applicants to it. Sounds easy but I don't know how to do it here using React Web. The screen shot missed that it has the "stop" sign on the cursor while I was dragging the structure. I did several ways but the best it did was it added the fields of the applicant to the application (1 to 1 relation instead of 1 to many).

Thanks,
JC

Juan Carlos Elorde wrote:

Hi,

I am having trouble on creating a parent - child form on React Web. I know this can easily be done on traditional web but I am not sure how to do in on React Web.

I have a structure, Application that can have multiple Applicants. My goal is on the Application form, I can have the ability to add one or more Applicants to it. Sounds easy but I don't know how to do it here using React Web. The screen shot missed that it has the "stop" sign on the cursor while I was dragging the structure. I did several ways but the best it did was it added the fields of the applicant to the application (1 to 1 relation instead of 1 to many).

Thanks,
JC

Hi Juan,

I would put a table below the form with the related applicants. To create new applicants you can use another form, either on this screen or on another screen just for that. After you have done that you can evolve that, putting that form inside a popup.

Cheers,

Tiago Simões 

Tiago Simões wrote:

Juan Carlos Elorde wrote:

Hi,

Thanks,
JC

Hi Juan,

I would put a table below the form with the related applicants. To create new applicants you can use another form, either on this screen or on another screen just for that. After you have done that you can evolve that, putting that form inside a popup.

Cheers,

Tiago Simões 

Noted on this Tiago. Will just have to create the Applicant form as a popup or a new page for me to enter the records. However, for the table, I can't add it using structures unless using entity. For design/security reason, I can only use structures on my front end.

Solution

I created a variable with type list of Applicant_Struct. Now I was able to drag it to the list. Now I just need to do a facility to add them.

Solution