How can I use User_GrantRole Action?

Hi all.

Does anyone know how to use User_GrantRole Action which usersLocalManagement extension?

What I'm trying to do is granting the specific role which is work as default role to the Logged in User.

User_GrantRole requieres UserId(Integer Identifier type) and RoleId(Integer Identifier type).

When debugging,  I can see these Id have correct value but every time passing the User_GrantRole, it throws following Exception.

System.TypeInitializationException:

Does anyone know what is the cause?

Is it impossible to use usersLocalManagement extension?

Thanks in advance.

Solution

Hi Yukiya,

I was able to reproduce this issue, so it seems like it's a bug in the UsersLocalManagement extension. I would contact Outsystems support if I were you.

Meanwhile, there's an alternative way to grant a role to a user. Add a reference to the "User_Role" entity from the System module and then use the "CreateUser_Role" entity action to grant the Role:

Solution

Hi,

Please note that the Roles have 3 actions (Check, Grant and Revoke) that allow you to check if a user has that specific role. Grant/give that role to a user or Revoke/Remove that role.

Yukiya Miyamoto wrote:

Hi all.

Does anyone know how to use User_GrantRole Action which usersLocalManagement extension?

What I'm trying to do is granting the specific role which is work as default role to the Logged in User.

User_GrantRole requieres UserId(Integer Identifier type) and RoleId(Integer Identifier type).

When debugging,  I can see these Id have correct value but every time passing the User_GrantRole, it throws following Exception.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

As Nuno saying, you have 2 ways to use the actions, drag + drop to a flow or you can use directly in If (p.e) because this actions is a Functions too.

Cheers,

Thiago S. Mari

Aurelio Junior wrote:

Hi Yukiya,

I was able to reproduce this issue, so it seems like it's a bug in the UsersLocalManagement extension. I would contact Outsystems support if I were you.

Meanwhile, there's an alternative way to grant a role to a user. Add a reference to the "User_Role" entity from the System module and then use the "CreateUser_Role" entity action to grant the Role:

Thank you for your reply, Aurelio.

Maybe I'm going to go with this way,

I'm just wondering if I can operate the User's role from Users Application...

I'll check that! 

Regards.

Nuno Rolo wrote:

Hi,

Please note that the Roles have 3 actions (Check, Grant and Revoke) that allow you to check if a user has that specific role. Grant/give that role to a user or Revoke/Remove that role.

Thank you for your reply.

I'll check those actions!

Regards.

Thiago Mari wrote:

Yukiya Miyamoto wrote:

Hi all.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

As Nuno saying, you have 2 ways to use the actions, drag + drop to a flow or you can use directly in If (p.e) because this actions is a Functions too.

Cheers,

Thiago S. Mari

I'll check those functions more.

Regards.

You definitely can. In the Users application, if you open the details of a user, you'll see a "Roles" section where you can grant and revoke roles for that user.

Aurelio Junior wrote:

You definitely can. In the Users application, if you open the details of a user, you'll see a "Roles" section where you can grant and revoke roles for that user.

Thank you very much.

I managed to realize what i wanted to do.

Best regards.

Yukiya Miyamoto wrote:

Thiago Mari wrote:

Yukiya Miyamoto wrote:

Hi all.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Cheers,

Thiago S. Mari

Regards.

Hi,

You already made? need some help?

Cheers,

Thiago S. Mari

Thiago Mari wrote:

Yukiya Miyamoto wrote:

Thiago Mari wrote:

Yukiya Miyamoto wrote:

Hi all.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Cheers,

Thiago S. Mari

Regards.

Hi,

Cheers,

Thiago S. Mari

Hi, Thiago Mari.

I've already made!

Thank you!

Yukiya Miyamoto wrote:

Thiago Mari wrote:

Yukiya Miyamoto wrote:

Thiago Mari wrote:

Yukiya Miyamoto wrote:

Hi all.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Cheers,

Thiago S. Mari

Regards.

Hi,

Cheers,

Thiago S. Mari

Hi, Thiago Mari.

I've already made!

Thank you!