[Barcode Plugin] Not working for ios10

Forge Component
(20)
Published on 18 Oct (4 weeks ago) by OutSystems R&D
20 votes
Published on 18 Oct (4 weeks ago) by OutSystems R&D

No camera screen appears when execute scanbarcode. Will somebody fix this? ios10 is so recent os, cannot understand why it seems not working.

Hi John,

your logic it's something like this:

Regards,

Nuno Verdasca

Are you using the most recent version of this plugin? Recently I had some issues with it, but in my case it was with ios 11. After install the new one I could use it without any problem.

In other hand, check in the permissions for your app on device, if there is permission to access the camera. 

See this thread for more details. https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/35085/problem-with-ios-11/

Regards,

Nuno Verdasca

Last thing maybe you forgot was Extensibility Configurations JSON Schema, please check this url:

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Delivering_Mobile_Apps/Customize_Your_Mobile_App/Extensibility_Configurations_JSON_Schema

Regards,

Nuno Verdasca

If you see my flow, is there any difference? (see attached capture.png) I believe you might be able to replicate on any ios10. im using the latest plugin too. our enterprise wants to decide using a barcode scanner but cannot decide which one to use. but this one is causing problems with ios10.

Hi John,

You may want to verify if Privacy settings to allow Camera access to OutSystems app is enabled. To do this, on your Apple device, just go to Settings > Privacy > Camera and check if the slider shows color green for OutSystems app.

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Boney Sze

Hi John,

Complementing previous answers that mention Camera access permissions and the long thread on a similar issue with iOS 10 earlier last year, I'd like to clarify a bit more your scenario:

• What OutSystems platform version are you using?
  • How are you testing your application? Using OutSystems Now or with Native application? OutSystems Now includes the Barcode Plugin, so you should be able to test that functionality there, with guarantee that the correct binaries are there.
  • Have you tried debugging your application (by plugging your device to a computer running Service Studio) to check if you can understand what is happening?

These answers can help limit the scope of the troubleshooting here...

Hi John,

Have you tried to generate new APK/IPA and install it to your device, new plugin in mobile applications needed this to run the new feature.

Thanks and regards,

Raphael Laurence Reyno

Boney Sze wrote:

Hi John,

You may want to verify if Privacy settings to allow Camera access to OutSystems app is enabled. To do this, on your Apple device, just go to Settings > Privacy > Camera and check if the slider shows color green for OutSystems app.

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Boney Sze

(To clarify a bit more, the issue is happening on my ios10. It works magically on my friend's running ios13. Seems to me it only occurs in ios10.)

Checked and double checked in my camera privacy settings already allow.

Jorge Martins wrote:

Hi John,

Complementing previous answers that mention Camera access permissions and the long thread on a similar issue with iOS 10 earlier last year, I'd like to clarify a bit more your scenario:

• What OutSystems platform version are you using?
  • How are you testing your application? Using OutSystems Now or with Native application? OutSystems Now includes the Barcode Plugin, so you should be able to test that functionality there, with guarantee that the correct binaries are there.
  • Have you tried debugging your application (by plugging your device to a computer running Service Studio) to check if you can understand what is happening?

These answers can help limit the scope of the troubleshooting here...

im using this plugin (download for outsystem11) on an outsystems 11 environment. Im using the outsytems now application to test. (but my friends running ios13 is working) my ios10 is not working. perhaps my outsystems now is old, (it was removed from singapore store recently) i do not have chance to generate the ios binary to test, because we can only subscribe to apple developer program once this is passed.

Raphael Laurence Reyno wrote:

Hi John,

Have you tried to generate new APK/IPA and install it to your device, new plugin in mobile applications needed this to run the new feature.

Thanks and regards,

Raphael Laurence Reyno

it seems weird, because i tried the barcode scanner by justsolve.co.za it seems to work perfectly for my ios10.

john heng wrote:

im using this plugin (download for outsystem11) on an outsystems 11 environment. Im using the outsytems now application to test. (but my friends running ios13 is working) my ios10 is not working. perhaps my outsystems now is old, (it was removed from singapore store recently) i do not have chance to generate the ios binary to test, because we can only subscribe to apple developer program once this is passed.

Hi John,

You may be suffering from the same issue as Nuno referred to, there was at least one version of OutSystems Now with a bug on the Barcode Plugin that would show the same behaviour you are experiencing.

OutSystems Now is currently going under the AppStore review process (as discussed here), that's why it is unavailable from the App Store worldwide...

Until OutSystems Now is back on the App Store, if you cannot generate a Native App for iOS, you may want to check this method to install a TestFlight version of OutSystems Now on your device.

Hope this helps!

john heng wrote:

Raphael Laurence Reyno wrote:

Hi John,

Thanks and regards,

Raphael Laurence Reyno

it seems weird, because i tried the barcode scanner by justsolve.co.za it seems to work perfectly for my ios10.

Hi John,

Thanks for the feedback on our forge component.  It uses the phonegap-plugin-barcodescanner plugin.  Just make sure it packages with all of your other plugins because we've found it doesn't always package when a wide array of plugins are used which means it could clash with some plugins.

Jorge Martins wrote:

john heng wrote:

Hi John,

You may be suffering from the same issue as Nuno referred to, there was at least one version of OutSystems Now with a bug on the Barcode Plugin that would show the same behaviour you are experiencing.

OutSystems Now is currently going under the AppStore review process (as discussed here), that's why it is unavailable from the App Store worldwide...

Until OutSystems Now is back on the App Store, if you cannot generate a Native App for iOS, you may want to check this method to install a TestFlight version of OutSystems Now on your device.

Hope this helps!

Hi, i did not now can test on testflight also. anyway i tried that. outsystems now 3.0.1. Not working on my ios10 also hahaha,.,, maybe you really need to try it out on your side. You might be fixing this issue before your update approves.

john heng wrote:

Hi, i did not now can test on testflight also. anyway i tried that. outsystems now 3.0.1. Not working on my ios10 also hahaha,.,, maybe you really need to try it out on your side. You might be fixing this issue before your update approves.

Hi John,

I'm not OutSystems staff, but I'll share your issues with the team.