Hi, 

Anyone knows how can I open the mobile keyboard? I already tried the JavaScript focus() event. However, it seems to don't work. So, how could I solve this problem?

Thanks!

Can you provide more info. Since, regularly it opens automatically when you click on an inputfield.

Sorry,  here's more info:

What I'm trying to achieve is when I click a button, an input is focused and should appear the keyboard. However, when I use JS focus on the field, the keyboard doesn't appear

Matheus Rodaelli Gaiotto wrote:

What I'm trying to achieve is when I click a button, an input is focused and should appear the keyboard. However, when I use JS focus on the field, the keyboard doesn't appear

What is the JS you use now? What if you try to click on the inputfield?

"document.getElementById('" + Input.Id + "').click()"

Martin Rozeboom wrote:

What is the JS you use now? What if you try to click on the inputfield?

"document.getElementById('" + Input.Id + "').click()"

I already tried that, I'm already using:

document.getElementById($parameters.idInputText).focus();

document.getElementById($parameters.idInputText).click();

I searched through the internet and all I could find is that this solution isn't enough to show the mobile keyboard and I couldn't find a solution yet to that.

Hi Matheus Rodaelli Gaiotto,

I tried the follow JavaScript:

document.getElementById($parameters.Id).focus();

And work perfectly, the input was focused and the keyboard appeared.

confirm that the id you are passing is the correct one.

Regards.

Hi Matheus,

If you're using IOS, please take a look on this post.

Hope it helps

Hi, 

Anyone knows how can I open the mobile keyboard? I already tried the JavaScript focus() event. However, it seems to don't work. So, how could I solve this problem?

Thanks!

Hi Matheus,

One question, are you talking about a native mobile app, or a mobile browser?

Regards,

Nuno Verdasca

Nuno Miguel Verdasca wrote:

Hi, 

Thanks!

Hi Matheus,

One question, are you talking about a native mobile app, or a mobile browser?

Regards,

Nuno Verdasca

It's a native mobile app, I'm using an iPad to test it.

Solution

Hi, 

I have solved this problem with a blank container with a height of 600px at the bottom of the screen. 

Create a local variable for the container's visible field to control when it will be shown and with a boolean data type. Also, create an action to control the state of the local variable. Furthermore, in the input field, set on the onclick event to pass true to the action and onblur event you should pass false. 

So, the result of this should be when clicking on the input field, the blank space will show and when you leave the field, the blank space will be hidden. By doing that you get more space for the screen and the keyboard can be adjusted properly.

Solution