Hi All,

I have a very specific issue. I am using DatabaseConnection_SetConnectionStringForSession to switch context at runtime. It is working fine when I add my logical name defined in Service Center and my connections string in the function. However, I don't want to hardcode my connection details in the function or in a table. I want to use the ones already defined in Service center. Is there a way of doing this?

Hi,

I do not think you can get and use the connection string defined in the service center in run time but you can setup the extension to use a connection string through service center.

Thanks,

Prasad Rao wrote:

Hi,

I do not think you can get and use the connection string defined in the service center in run time but you can setup the extension to use a connection string through service center.

Thanks,

Thank you for your reply! So this implies that the only solution to use this function is to hardcode the connection string somewhere in the application?

Hi,

I would not think you have to hard code, you can store it encrypted using crypto api in DB or site property.

Regards.