Losing input parameter in Webblocks

Hi all,

I'm currently using Service Studio version 11.6.1 and experiencing a problem on my side.

I have a web block that is being used inside of a web page. When I'm fetching the data for the first time, everything is ok. The identifier input is filled in, the query returns results and the binding is done properly.

But when I press save, the identifier input and the query from the preparation gets completely cleaned and the CreateOrUpdated receives a null identifier, doing a creation and not an update.

Did someone experienced the same problem?


Thanks in advance.


Solution

Hey Mateus,

I've faced this problem once. I couldn't find the real reason of that bug but the solution I found was assigning the output list of the aggregate to a local variable with the same type of the aggregate output. Then just use it as the source of your form. Doing this will assure you that when you call the CreateOrUpdate action, you will have the record properly filled.

I hope you can fix it and continue with your work.


Cheers

Solution

Alan Santos wrote:

Hey Mateus,

I've faced this problem once. I couldn't find the real reason of that bug but the solution I found was assigning the output list of the aggregate to a local variable with the same type of the aggregate output. Then just use it as the source of your form. Doing this will assure you that when you call the CreateOrUpdate action, you will have the record properly filled.

I hope you can fix it and continue with your work.


Cheers

hi alan,
Thanks for you help.
I still don't understand why the strange behavior on the platform but I changed the code as your idea and it worked. :)
thank you.