How can I trigger a "swipe left" on mobile when the user clicks on a button/link?

I want to have a left arrow on every record in a list, and when a user clicks the arrow it triggers a "swipe left" on the record.  Thanks

On the same screen?

Yes, on the same screen please?

Thanks, this would hint at the swipe action but I'm looking for a way to click an arrow that triggers the swipe to open/close?

Hi,

You have to add a local parameter called AnimationTypeId.

Set the AnimationType property of the Animimation widget to AnimationTypeId.

In the Client action of your button set AnimationTypeId to Entitites.AnimationType.LeftToRight

See attached application.

Regards,

Daniel

Will try that out, thank you!

Hi, 

We tried the approach but it only works on the full widget. I want it to swipe open only one record in a list (to show the options of a swipe). Please see attached. Your help would greatly be appreciated, thanks.

Hi, 

Can anyone help with my previous comment on this thread? Thanks

Hi,

To control swipe events on the list is on a per-item basis you can click on the list item and click on the Swipe Right Action' and Swipe Left Action to add the swipe events to every list item. With that solution you have to make sure not to have a SwipeEvents widget as that would interfere with the list item swiping.

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Reference/OutSystems_Language/Mobile_Interfaces/Designing_Screens/List_Item

Regards,

Daniel

Thank you again - will look into this and hopefully resolve!

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi,

To control swipe events on the list is on a per-item basis you can click on the list item and click on the Swipe Right Action' and Swipe Left Action to add the swipe events to every list item. With that solution you have to make sure not to have a SwipeEvents widget as that would interfere with the list item swiping.

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Reference/OutSystems_Language/Mobile_Interfaces/Designing_Screens/List_Item

Regards,

Daniel

Hello everyone, I work with Fadi and I don't think you are understanding what exactly he wants.

Here's a screen example of what we want:

When clicking that "3 dots" icon we want to trigger the swipe action, that the users usually do manually. When the user clicks that "3 dots" icon, the screen goes like this:

After that, if the user clicks on the "3 dots" icon again, the swipe closes, back to normal form.

Our main problem is: how to, with a button (in this case an icon), swipe a list item to show the existing actions?


Thanks in advance,

Miguel Matos


Hi,

Is it possible to share a .oml, then I give it a try after work to see if I can get it working.

Regards,

Daniel

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi,

Is it possible to share a .oml, then I give it a try after work to see if I can get it working.

Regards,

Daniel

Hey Daniel, thanks for your fast response.

I can't share a .oml right now, but you can replicate this easily by just testing with the List Item widget inside a List.


Thanks,

Miguel Matos


You're right I will do that

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

You're right I will do that

Thank you Daniel, we will be waiting for yours or someone elses help.


Thanks,

Miguel Matos

Hi there Fadi and Miguel,


Not an actual implementation on emulating the swipe action, but rather a workaround.

You can consider implementing something like this, quick and easy:



Tbh i don't thing that the swiping actions aren't doing much there, since you want to emulate them.

This would be the behaviour.




Cheers,

André

Hi,

See example mobile application (v11), tested in OutSystems Now.

Is this what you are looking for?

Regards,

Daniel


Hello everyone, we managed to find a solution with all your suggestions and help.


Thanks all!

HOH Dev Environment wrote:

Hello everyone, we managed to find a solution with all your suggestions and help.


Thanks all!

Was the sample app I provided of any use?