When upload widget selects a file where it gets uploaded ?

When I upload a file with upload widget in a web app, it shows file name and as soon as I refresh the page the file name disappears. 

Where the file gets uploaded with the widget or it is just referring the on system and showing its name.

Please let me know. 

Piyusha Dhalpe wrote:

When I upload a file with upload widget in a web app, it shows file name and as soon as I refresh the page the file name disappears. 

Where the file gets uploaded with the widget or it is just referring the on system and showing its name.

Please let me know. 

Hi Piyusha,

When you used upload widget then you have to either save the file in a binary attribute of an entity or you can use third party component like amazon S3 on cloud and there are many more third party component available in the forge.

thanks..... 

The file content is upload, but when you refresh the page a new web request is made and Outsystems starts a new transaction. So, as it is a new transaction and you cannot save state unless you use session variables, the file content is erased.

What you should you do is not refresh the page or, if you want to use the content through out the application, save the binary in an Entity, as Rohan said.