Embedding a word document on a screen?

Embedding a word document on a screen?

Hi,

Anyone has ever embedded a word document on a webscreen, in a way the document is editable on The server?

Could you post an example oml on out to do it?

Best Regards,

Diogo C S Cordeiro
Hi Diogo,

You can use the attached sample that supports what you want to create. To test it, you must use the IIS + IE + MS Word.
Steps:
1 - Configure the IIS WebDAV
. Open the IIS Manager Console
. Go to the Web Service Extensions
. Allow the WebDAV

2- Create a new virtual directory
. Select the Default Web Site
. Go to Actions > New > Virtual Directory ...
. Follow the wizard and set the permissions to allow Read/Write
. Allow anonymous access (optinoal)

3- Go the selected directory change the security settings (optional)
. Allow everyone to write into this directory

4- Publish the attached espace into your server

5- Setup the site properties
. OnlinePath = c:\\<directory>\
. OnlineUrl = http:\\\\<server>\\<virtual directory>\\

6- Add the server to your trusted sites list

With this sample you should be able to edit word documents online, using your application (espace) to manage all the process without the download/upload mechanism.
Regards,
Paulo Garrudo.
Hi Paulo,

The detail is wonderful.

Anyhow the file attached seems to be corrupted...

Or maybe it is from my laptop, which one is it?

I really appreciate your help on this.

Best Regards,

Diogo C S Cordeiro

P.S How is that for a sandwich?
Hi Diogo,

I don't have any problem using the first sample (zip), however, I just did an extra upload of a new sample (rar).

PS: Good sandwich. You should remove the 'anyhow', but it was a good approach.
Regards,
Paulo Garrudo.
Thank you Paulo,

Now i can open the rar.

I then just need to download SC 4.2.

You are correct about the anyhow....It is like a but in disguise...

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Diogo C S Cordeiro
Hi,

I'm trying to use the sample, did all the steps on my windows 8, but got stucked in this error "The device is not ready. This error appears on the service center.

Any help would be great.

RB
Hi Ricardo,

Do you get that message when listing the folder? Anywhere near that stack trace you find a "Directory_ListFiles"?

It may be as simple as your eSpace "run-as" user having no permission for the folder you're trying to list. Try to set up a specific user for that eSpace, configure full permissions for the folder and set up the "run-as" on the operations tab of the eSpace (don't forget it's "domain\user"). You'll have to republish for the changes to take effect.

Also, as a side note and as far as my experiments go, for IIS 6 it is possible to make the Word opening transparent, even to non domain users by configuring anonymous authentication, as for with IIS 7 you always need an authenticated user, even if you set it up as All Users. Word usually shows an authentication dialog when user is not in the domain. 

Let us know how it went down.

Kind Regards,
João Grazina

Hi João,

I forgot to mention that the espace was converted to service studio 8 and I got this message when open it on browser. Can't reach the folder's list yet. Yes I find a a "Directory_ListFiles" in the message error.

Where I can configure the "run-as" property?

Regards,
RB
Hi Ricardo,

To configure the run-as, go to eSpace configurations on ServiceCenter, tab Operation and you find 2 fields "Username" and "Password", under the Run-As fieldset.

Kind Regards,
João Grazina