Hi everyone,

I wonder if someone else met the same issue with me. I am creating a popup screen with OutsystemsUIWeb. I set the source web block to Layouts\LayoutPopup. For any container or input widget, when I set the width to 6 col it will resize to fill the screen. But in the property it still shows 6 col. when open it in a browser, the container is 12 col.


Hi Yi

Try to put a container with FillParent around everything (form and other containers. 

It should work. 

Cheers 

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi Yi

Try to put a container with FillParent around everything (form and other containers. 

It should work. 

Cheers 

It doesn't work. I tried.


This is very strange.

Are you using grid Fluid?

One content around the content with Fill PArent should allow the content inside it to be defined using columns (like 6 columns).

Can you provide a minimum example so we can take a look?

Cheers.

Personally I have found the layouts a bit tricky to work with at times but I'll try to help. You could add a parent container and set it to fill then put the other smaller container and set the width to either 6 col or 50 %. If this doesn't work, I'd altogether ditch the layouts and use containers or create a web block layout to keep consistency within your app.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

This is very strange.

Are you using grid Fluid?

One content around the content with Fill PArent should allow the content inside it to be defined using columns (like 6 columns).

Can you provide a minimum example so we can take a look?

Cheers.

Hi,

Please check this. I only met this issue when layout is LayoutPopup. 


Hi Yi, 

As a workaround, you can use %. I think it will work. 

I'll investigate the issue and will come back. 

Cheers 

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi Yi, 

As a workaround, you can use %. I think it will work. 

I'll investigate the issue and will come back. 

Cheers 


Yes, 50% works fine. Only 6 cols not working, 5 or 7 and others are ok.

Ok. This 'seems' a bug. I'll do some tests and try to identify the problem and will pass this to OutSystems :) 

Solution

Hi, I found the problem.

The OutSystems UI StyleSheet has a CSS this way:

.MainPopup .ThemeGrid_Width6 {
    width: 100%;
}

As you can see, this causes the ThemeGrid_Width6 to not work as expected.

I already sent this information to OutSystems asking how to deal with this.

Cheers.

Solution

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi, I found the problem.

The OutSystems UI StyleSheet has a CSS this way:

.MainPopup .ThemeGrid_Width6 {
    width: 100%;
}

As you can see, this causes the ThemeGrid_Width6 to not work as expected.

I already sent this information to OutSystems asking how to deal with this.

Cheers.

thanks a lot.