How Can I change the first Action When I hit the URL?

Hi, all.

I am trying to implement my own authentication action to realize the Single Sign On.

When the end-user hit the Application's URL, what action is called?

I want like when end-user hit the application URL, my own authentication action is called instead of calling the Login Screen.

I  don't wanna show the Login screen to the users.

Now, I'm considering to replace the User_Login to my authentication action which includes System Login action. Like following.

But I could'nt figure out what Action is called in the first place...

Could anyone know about this?

Regards.

Hi Yukiya, 

Under Common UI Flows, There is a autogenerated OnException Action. This is triggered when user has no permission in the page. You may change the destination to your own authentication page in the SecurityException flow.

Hi Yukiya,

If you want to use your organization authentication like AD or LDAP, you should change it in Users application as shown below. Also check this article:

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Secure_the_Application/End-User_Management/End-Users_Authentication/Configure_Active_Directory_authentication

Ravi Kumar Vakkalanka wrote:

Hi Yukiya,

If you want to use your organization authentication like AD or LDAP, you should change it in Users application as shown below. Also check this article:

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Secure_the_Application/End-User_Management/End-Users_Authentication/Configure_Active_Directory_authentication

Thank you for your reply.

I understand that this configuration affect to the all application on the same environment.

Specific authentication way is required depending on the application in the same environment.

That's why I need to prepared the own authentication actions.

Regards.

Hi Yukiya,

Q: When the end-user hit the Application's URL, what action is called?

A: If the URL you gave points to a screen with a preparation that is the first action called. Before that the platform will check if the user has permission to view the screen.

In this example, the screen requires a Registered role to be able to view the screen (any logged in user has this role)

Q: I want like when end-user hit the application URL, my own authentication action is called instead of calling the Login Screen.

A: When the platform sees that the user does not have the proper role to access the screen it will throw an exception.

You can find this exception under Common -> OnException -> SecurityException 

You can also change this to point to your custom logic or to call your own authentication.

You may also want to look into adding System->Login to your dependencies, this action does not require the User's password and is very useful if you will authenticate them outside of Outsystems, I used this in my own implementation of Single Sign On.

Good Luck,

Ralph Bausas

Ralph Bausas wrote:

Hi Yukiya,

A: If the URL you gave points to a screen with a preparation that is the first action called. Before that the platform will check if the user has permission to view the screen.

In this example, the screen requires a Registered role to be able to view the screen (any logged in user has this role)

Q: I want like when end-user hit the application URL, my own authentication action is called instead of calling the Login Screen.

A: When the platform sees that the user does not have the proper role to access the screen it will throw an exception.

You can also change this to point to your custom logic or to call your own authentication.

You may also want to look into adding System->Login to your dependencies, this action does not require the User's password and is very useful if you will authenticate them outside of Outsystems, I used this in my own implementation of Single Sign On.

Good Luck,

Ralph Bausas

Thank you for your reply!

I also tried something like this.

But, I couldn't give the proper argunments to the acton due to the scope.

For example, I need to  give the default role which applicatioon gives when calling this CookieAuthentication action.

Even I added the test Role(in the application which calls this cookie action) and tried to set as  the default , I couldn't see it.

>You may also want to look into adding System->Login to your dependencies, this action does not >require the User's password and is very useful if you will authenticate them outside of Outsystems,

I'm using this Login action in my authentication action.

Do you have any idea??

Best Regards.

Yukiya Miyamoto wrote:

Ralph Bausas wrote:

Hi Yukiya,

Good Luck,

Ralph Bausas

Thank you for your reply!

I also tried something like this.

But, I couldn't give the proper argunments to the acton due to the scope.

For example, I need to  give the default role which applicatioon gives when calling this CookieAuthentication action.

Even I added the test Role(in the application which calls this cookie action) and tried to set as  the default , I couldn't see it.

>You may also want to look into adding System->Login to your dependencies, this action does not >require the User's password and is very useful if you will authenticate them outside of Outsystems,

I'm using this Login action in my authentication action.

Do you have any idea??

Best Regards.

Hi Yukiya,

I am not familliar with the action you are using (CookieAuthentication) what espace is that in?

Perhaps the Role is in a different espace that's why it is not showing up?

May I know what you are trying to achieve, if you are trying to integrate with popular SSO's like Google there are components in the forge you might want to look at.

Best Regards.