Severe Error when updating dependencies and publishing a module

Hello

I need some advice on a platform problem that I am encountering and that is preventing me from working. 

I have 3 enterprise environments. DEV, UAT and PROD.

I have an oml called (A)  that contains a few database tables.  I add a text field on table (X)  inside (A). I publish the oml. 

I open oml (B) refresh the dependencies to (A) and table (X), then publish (B). No problem encountered.

I open oml (C) and refresh the dependencies to (A) and table (X), then publish (C). Service Studio respond with the below error every time I try to publish this:

"Service Studio encountered a severe error and needs to close the module. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

If I do the exact same steps in the UAT environment on the same tables and same omls, no problem is encountered.

If I add any field to any other table inside oml (A), eg table (Y) I and update all the oml's I can publish them without any problems.

In summary, every time I add any field to one specific table in a specific oml,  only one specific module that consumes that table breaks. All the other tables and modules work and update and publish just fine. This only happens in one environment and the error logs dont contain any information.

I tried to go back several oml versions and I also tried to go back several Service Studio versions, but that did not solve the issues.

Any ideas will be really helpful please?

Thanks

Vonnelize Haupt wrote:

Hello

I need some advice on a platform problem that I am encountering and that is preventing me from working. 

I have an oml called (A)  that contains a few database tables.  I add a text field on table (X)  inside (A). I publish the oml. 

I open oml (B) refresh the dependencies to (A) and table (X), then publish (B). No problem encountered.

I open oml (C) and refresh the dependencies to (A) and table (X), then publish (C). Service Studio respond with the below error every time I try to publish this:

"Service Studio encountered a severe error and needs to close the module. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

If I do the exact same steps in the UAT environment on the same tables and same omls, no problem is encountered.

If I add any field to any other table inside oml (A), eg table (Y) I and update all the oml's I can publish them without any problems.

In summary, every time I add any field to one specific table in a specific oml,  only one specific module that consumes that table breaks. All the other tables and modules work and update and publish just fine. This only happens in one environment and the error logs dont contain any information.

I tried to go back several oml versions and I also tried to go back several Service Studio versions, but that did not solve the issues.

Thanks

Hi Vonnelize,

I had a similar problem to the one you described above.

Here's a couple of things you may want to check first:

1. On Oml (A), please find Entity (X) usage on all Modules on your DEV environment;

2. Refresh all modules listed on the previous step, one by one;

3. On Oml (C), please check for references to other modules, also referencing the entity mentioned on step 1;

I suspect you may have some module referencing Oml (A), entity (X) that may be broken for some reason.

Please let me know if you need any aditional help.

Best regards,

Paulo Moreira

Hi Vonnelize,

Does the error get logged to Service Center? Is there more detail there, or do you only get this message?

Paulo Moreira wrote:

Vonnelize Haupt wrote:

Hello

Thanks

Hi Vonnelize,

I had a similar problem to the one you described above.

Here's a couple of things you may want to check first:

1. On Oml (A), please find Entity (X) usage on all Modules on your DEV environment;

2. Refresh all modules listed on the previous step, one by one;

3. On Oml (C), please check for references to other modules, also referencing the entity mentioned on step 1;

I suspect you may have some module referencing Oml (A), entity (X) that may be broken for some reason.

Please let me know if you need any aditional help.

Best regards,

Paulo Moreira

Thank you. I will do that and let you know. It is quite a big factory so this will take a while to do.

Afonso Carvalho wrote:

Hi Vonnelize,

Does the error get logged to Service Center? Is there more detail there, or do you only get this message?

Hi Alfonso. There are no errors logged to Service Center. Only this one that pop up when I try to publish. 

Hello,

It seems to me that you have circular references. Something like this:

When you publish the solution via Service Center can you publish without problems?

If you have a circular reference, I advise you to subdivide your modules ...

Best regards,

Nuno Verdasca

Hello

So, we are still having this issue. This is what we did so far:

• We checked all the references, updated and published every producer module in the chain. It still crashes.
  • Removed all the cyclic dependencies,we updated and published all the producer modules in order. It still crashes.
  • Published from service center. It still crashes.
  • When I try to make  a clone of the module, it crashes.

• When I try to copy and paste a web block from another version it crashes.

• When I go back several oml versions, it crashes.

• When I go back several Service Studio versions it crashes.

• Any other table, any other module everything works.

• This specific module with this specific table  only in the DEV environment it crashes. Any other module, any other table, any other environment, no problem.

• If I do a deploy from DEV to TST via lifetime it works. On TST I can add the fields on the table, refresh dependencies and publish the module. No problem.

• I then deployed the working modules from TST to DEV, I can open the modules, refresh the dependencies in DEV, when I publish it crashes.

I have run out of ideas. Any advice will be much appreciated please?

I really dont want to log a support call. I have 2 support calls open already for other issues and I simply dont receive any feedback for weeks.

Thanks so much!

Vonnelize Haupt wrote:

Hello

So, we are still having this issue. This is what we did so far:

• We checked all the references, updated and published every producer module in the chain. It still crashes.
  • Removed all the cyclic dependencies,we updated and published all the producer modules in order. It still crashes.
  • Published from service center. It still crashes.
  • When I try to make  a clone of the module, it crashes.

• When I try to copy and paste a web block from another version it crashes.

• When I go back several oml versions, it crashes.

• When I go back several Service Studio versions it crashes.

• Any other table, any other module everything works.

• This specific module with this specific table  only in the DEV environment it crashes. Any other module, any other table, any other environment, no problem.

• If I do a deploy from DEV to TST via lifetime it works. On TST I can add the fields on the table, refresh dependencies and publish the module. No problem.

• I then deployed the working modules from TST to DEV, I can open the modules, refresh the dependencies in DEV, when I publish it crashes.

I have run out of ideas. Any advice will be much appreciated please?

I really dont want to log a support call. I have 2 support calls open already for other issues and I simply dont receive any feedback for weeks.

Thanks so much!

Hi Vonnelize,

I suspect your module in DEV got corrupted some how.

Regarding the module in the next environment (TST, maybe?), the only difference between TST and DEV is the change on that entity attribute? If so, download the module from TST, open it on your Service Studio connecting to DEV, and do a 1-Click Publish.

At this stage, you'll maybe get a warning, stating you're publishing a version that does not correspond to the currently deployed version on DEV. Ignore it and proceed with the publishing process.

I suspect that may do the trick. If not, then Outsystems Support is the correct way to go.

Please let me know if this helped in any way.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Paulo Moreira

Hi Paulo

Thank you for the response. We did try to download the oml from TST and publish it on DEV without success. In the end I have logged a support call and hopefully someone is looking into this.

I will let you know what the diagnosis is a s soon as I know from them.

Hi 

Just letting you know what the outcome of this question was.  I could not resolve this issue myself and I then logged a support call on Friday with OutSystems Support. They immediately looked into the  problems and advised that the oml got corrupted, possible due to developers using different versions of Service Studio to publish. They mentioned that it is a known problem. 

Thanks for trying to help me on this thread!