[Discovery] Application Canvas not working

Forge Component
(84)
Published on 6 Dec (7 days ago) by Sérgio Oliveira
84 votes
Published on 6 Dec (7 days ago) by Sérgio Oliveira

Hi folks,


Just upgraded Discovery 4.0.1 to 4.0.4 on a Sentry environment using Oracle database and noticed the following:

- application title, in the header, is still showing DISCOVERY V4.0.1;

- menu > Applications > Application Canvas does not show anything despite having taken a new snapshot;

- no errors in Service Center related to Discovery app;


Do any of the above ring a bell to you? Any troubleshooting suggestions?


Thanks,

Pedro

Pedro Gonçalves wrote:

Hi folks,


Just upgraded Discovery 4.0.1 to 4.0.4 on a Sentry environment using Oracle database and noticed the following:

- application title, in the header, is still showing DISCOVERY V4.0.1;

- menu > Applications > Application Canvas does not show anything despite having taken a new snapshot;

- no errors in Service Center related to Discovery app;


Do any of the above ring a bell to you? Any troubleshooting suggestions?


Thanks,

Pedro

I've installed the Discovery module on Outsystems 11, and it worked. Have you searched for a specific word, instead of having the input empty? Do you have a snapshot taken?

Solution

Hi Christian, thanks for your help. I ended up troubleshooting the issue with the good help of Sérgio Oliveira: filters in version 4.0.4 are not working correctly for Oracle due to the Length function...to get this working, one needs simply to change the following Filters expression part, in GetApplicationDefs aggregate:

Length(Trim(Session.Applications_SearchKeyword)) = 0

to

Length(Trim(Session.Applications_SearchKeyword)) = NullTextIdentifier()


Apparently, a new component version will be released soon with this and other fixes. Stay tuned!


Cheers,

Pedro

Solution

Pedro Gonçalves wrote:

Hi Christian, thanks for your help. I ended up troubleshooting the issue with the good help of Sérgio Oliveira: filters in version 4.0.4 are not working correctly for Oracle due to the Length function...to get this working, one needs simply to change the following Filters expression part, in GetApplicationDefs aggregate:

Length(Trim(Session.Applications_SearchKeyword)) = 0

to

Length(Trim(Session.Applications_SearchKeyword)) = NullTextIdentifier()


Apparently, a new component version will be released soon with this and other fixes. Stay tuned!


Cheers,

Pedro

I see. Thank you for letting me know.