[OutSystems UI Web] Current TabIndex does not work properly when you have Tabs inside another Tab

Forge Component
(45)
Published on 14 Feb (11 days ago) by OutSystems R&D
45 votes
Published on 14 Feb (11 days ago) by OutSystems R&D

The CurrentTabIndex of the upper level Tab is mixed with the Tabs amount of the internal Navigation / Tab

Tab 1 Tab 2

Inside Tab 1 -> Tab 1.1 Tab 1.2

When evaluate the currenttabindex on tab change event, it send 2 always.

Hi Horacio,

Have you tried changing the DataTab to a unique value in the TabsHeaderItem? Like change your tab inside the tab to tab2-one and so on.

Also how are you monitoring the currenttabindex are you using only onchangeTabEvent to get the CurrentTab or are you using a LocalVariable to check the ActiveTab?

Hi Clintjie Lo

Yes, each TabsHeaderItem has a unique name on DataTab, I am using onchangeTabEvent to get de CurrentTab.

Clintjie Lo wrote:

Hi Horacio,

Have you tried changing the DataTab to a unique value in the TabsHeaderItem? Like change your tab inside the tab to tab2-one and so on.

Also how are you monitoring the currenttabindex are you using only onchangeTabEvent to get the CurrentTab or are you using a LocalVariable to check the ActiveTab?

Horacio Villalba wrote:

Hi Clintjie Lo

Yes, each TabsHeaderItem has a unique name on DataTab, I am using onchangeTabEvent to get de CurrentTab.

Clintjie Lo wrote:

Hi Horacio,

You should also match each TabsHeaderItem with the DataTab corresponsing to the TabsContentItem other than that I tried it on my personal environment and it behaves properly with just TabsOnChange event inside the action and nothing else.

If you could share an image of how yours is setup that would really help in finding out what the problem is.

Processing Upload...

This is the structure, the mapping Item and Content is correct, 

The TabsOnTabChange always shows Current Tab 2

Hi Horacio,

I was able to emulate the error you're encountering seems like the input parameter that gets accepted for the Tabs seems to overlap one another. My other suggestion would be to open a clone of the Tabs and try to modify it so that the javascript can be recognized that one tab is different from another.