I have a screen with some drop-downs and then a table.  Basically, the user makes selections in the drop-downs and then clicks a button and an aggregate is executed to fetch data from a database based on user selections.  When I click on an item in the results list (to go see the detail), when the user returns to the listing screen, I want the screen to look like it did prior to them clicking the item.  But the screen always refreshes.  The "plant" drop-down's aggregate is set to fetch "at start".  The other drop-down aggregates are fetched on demand when selections are made in the other drop-downs (this are basically cascading drop-downs).

So, when I click the link to come back to my listing screen, how do I prevent the refresh?

Solution

sylvia Able wrote:

I have a screen with some drop-downs and then a table.  Basically, the user makes selections in the drop-downs and then clicks a button and an aggregate is executed to fetch data from a database based on user selections.  When I click on an item in the results list (to go see the detail), when the user returns to the listing screen, I want the screen to look like it did prior to them clicking the item.  But the screen always refreshes.  The "plant" drop-down's aggregate is set to fetch "at start".  The other drop-down aggregates are fetched on demand when selections are made in the other drop-downs (this are basically cascading drop-downs).

So, when I click the link to come back to my listing screen, how do I prevent the refresh?

I'm not sure I understood, but you can have the variables of the filters as client variables, so that you don't lose their value after navigating to another page. After that, add to the aggregate that has Fetch: At Start an On After Fetch that Refreshes the other aggregates if the Client Variables that hold the selected value of the filter are not empty. It this what you want?

Solution

Christian Lopes wrote:

sylvia Able wrote:

I'm not sure I understood, but you can have the variables of the filters as client variables, so that you don't lose their value after navigating to another page. After that, add to the aggregate that has Fetch: At Start an On After Fetch that Refreshes the other aggregates if the Client Variables that hold the selected value of the filter are not empty. It this what you want?

Thanks, Christian.  That sounds like its what I want.  Let me try it out and I'll post back out here later on the results.