Compiler Error when publishing in Integration Studio: .NET Compilation.

I am developing a web application.

I want to write Excel macro execution processing in C# using Visual Studio.

I was able to create an action that did a simple calculation.

The following is the program described in Visual Studio.

Added Microsoft Excel 15.0 Object Library for COM with project reference settings.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

public static void CallMacro()

{

// Create a new instance of Excel.Application

var xlApp = new Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Application();

Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Workbooks xlBooks;

// Get WorkBooks from xlApplication

// Open an existing Excel workbook

xlBooks = xlApp.Workbooks;

xlBooks.Open(@"C:\work\macro\work.xlsm");

// Display Excel

xlApp.Visible = true;

}

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attached errors occurred when publishing with Integration Studio.

Please Tell me how to fix the error.

OutSystems Service Studio used:

Ver11.6.6

Build4375

.NET Framework4.7.2

.NET Core2.1.12

OutSystems Integration Studio used:

Ver11.0.522.0

.NET Framework4.7.2

Hi Eri,

Unfortunately, that error is in Japanese, a language not many of us are able to read. In general though, errors in compiling with Integration Studio are errors that are not related to the OutSystems Platform, but to the source code written or the the components that are added. If you don't know how to solve these errors yourself, it's perhaps best you don't try to endeavour into Extension teritory...

Hi Kilian,

I appreciate your kind advice.
However,I need to run an Excel macro in web application we are developing.
How can I run an Excel macro in Service Studio?

Hi Eri,

I'm not sure what you mean by "running an Excel macro in [a] web application". Excel macros run inside Excel; there is, as far as I know, no way to run them outside the Excel application.

Hi Kilian,

Thank you for your answer.
Sorry for the lack of explanation.
Certainly the macro is executed in Excel,but I want to start it from ServiceStudio as the macro execution opportunity.
(For example, if there is a macro launch button in Excel,open the Excel file on the Outsystems server,and Service Studio clicks the macro launch button.)

I want to start Excel macro by coding in C#,but it is not possible due to the private environment restrictions of SDK.

Please let me know if there is any good way.

Hi Eri,

For this to work at all, you'd need a copy of Excel/MS Office on your server. It's possible when you have an on-premise server, but it's not advised, for performance, security and stability reasons. If you have a PaaS server, you're out of luck, in that case installing Excel is not possible.