Service Studio crashes, froze the system and no longer launches

I was trying to follow the tutorials this morning and Service Studio crashes, froze my system and no longer launches. I have searched the forums but no one seems to have the same problem. Can anyone help me to troubleshoot the problem? I am using a multiple monitor setup, BUT it still won't launch when I launch without the monitor connected.

tl;dr app crashed and no longer launches.

Hardware: Macbook Pro Mid-2014 13 inch

OS Version: macOS Mojave 10.14.5

App version: 11.6.1 (Build 3701)

Issue: Service Studio no longer launches after a crash and system freeze.

Who is experiencing the issue?: Me only.

What exactly is the unexpected issue/behavior?: Service Studio crashed then completely froze my system that I have to force restart the Mac and now the Service Studio no longer launches. Every time I try to launch, I have to force quit the app.

What has been done that might be associated with this (e.g. new app version deployed)?: Tried to create a new application while unzipping the exercise tutorial file. 

What steps can we follow to reproduce this?: Not sure

When did it start to happen?: Today, the next morning after having the app installed, i.e. 31/10/2019.

Where is it happening?: Service Studio

Has anything changed recently?: None prior to the crash. Reinstalled the Service Studio after the crashes.

Thanks in advance.

I would suggest contacting Outsystems support.
When it crashed , did you get a crash report?
If your system froze, maybe you should check the mac logs (or crash reports) and send them with your Outsystems support case.

Niels Favreau wrote:

I would suggest contacting Outsystems support.
When it crashed , did you get a crash report?
If your system froze, maybe you should check the mac logs (or crash reports) and send them with your Outsystems support case.

Hi,

I have already contacted support, they said they would not provide support since the Mac release is a technical preview. 

Yes, I have read the crash dump, it seems to be related to Wine not being able to load files from the rsrc file. Not sure why but I will attach the log file here.

Hi Elton,

I believe the Application files got corrupted. I suggest that you remove the App, download and install the package again, to see if it solves.

João Neves wrote:

Hi Elton,

I believe the Application files got corrupted. I suggest that you remove the App, download and install the package again, to see if it solves.

Hi Joao,

I have done that no more less than 4 times. It still doesn't work. 

Hi Elton,

I had the same problem, apparently the studion doesn't work when you have multiple screens connected. If you disconnect the other screens it will launch and not freeze the computer.

Best,

Pedro