OpenAPI Spec on the roadmap?

I'm looking to expose REST APIs through Azure API Management, but Azure API Management expects the new OpenAPI spec, and OutSystems only provides the antiquated Swagger spec.  Are there plans to upgrade the spec that you output for REST APIs that are exposed by OutSystems?

In the meantime, I'm using a 3rd party tool to convert Swagger to OpenAPI... not optimal!

Solution

Hi Steven,

OpenAPI is Swagger 3.0. Swagger itself isn't antiquated, but version 2 as used by OS is. There is a community Idea for it to be implemented which is marked "On our Radar", so OutSystems is aware of it, but has no direct plans to implement it. But please vote for the idea, so OS knows people want this.

Solution

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Steven,

OpenAPI is Swagger 3.0. Swagger itself isn't antiquated, but version 2 as used by OS is. There is a community Idea for it to be implemented which is marked "On our Radar", so OutSystems is aware of it, but has no direct plans to implement it. But please vote for the idea, so OS knows people want this.

Thank you for pointing me to the community idea!  I'll be a responsible citizen and vote.

Cool, thanks :)