Understanding OutSystems Certifications

Understanding OutSystems Certifications

Hello all,

Following an excellent post from about Agile Project's staffing (check it out here), I am doing some posts about the meaning of OutSystems Certifications and Endorsements.

I hope it helps you better understand what are the roles required to deliver an OutSystems Agile Project.

You'll notice that the latest level of the OutSystems Certifications is the Expert level. We will really soon release news about this level, stay tuned :)

Cheers,
Mário
Below you'll find the several different levels of an OutSystems Developer, including that the endorsements that reflect your evolution and professional experience.

Associate Developer – Starting with OutSystems
Understands the basic concepts of the platform and agile methods.

Associate Developer * (1 star) – Needs regular help
Develops template based applications with create, edit, show and list screens. Requires regular help and is not autonomous. Must be supervised by a Professional Developer.

Associate Developer ** (2 stars) – Newbie that evolves fast and delivers quality work
Develops front-end applications using templates. Makes good use of the platform’s Ajax widgets. Fairly autonomous in addressing most development issues and fast learner. Able to bridge experience with other development environments and languages. Should be supervised by a Professional Developer.

Professional Developer **/*** (2 or 3 stars) – Trustworthy Developer with limited experience in some advanced topics
Trustworthy, autonomous and proficient developer. Limited experience in some advanced topics. Able to coach and endorse Associate Developers.

Expert Developer – Senior Developer that can tackle everything
Top of the line, trustworthy, experienced developer, with capacity to design quality solutions autonomously. Can tackle all platform related technical issues and has significant knowledge of the agile methodology. May occasionally manage the delivery team. Able to coach and endorse Associate Developers.

Cheers,
Mário

Below you'll find the levels of the Delivery Manager certification.

Associate Delivery Manager * (1 star) – Needs regular help Experienced OutSystems Developer, now starting to manage Simple Projects. Understands the solution’s architecture. Needs frequent guidance from a Professional Delivery Manager and is not an autonomous Delivery Manager.

Associate Delivery Manager ** (2 stars) – Leads Simple Projects Experienced OutSystems Developer that can manage a Simple Project with a team of at most 2 developers and an already defined solution’s architecture that he is able to extend. Has little agile project management experience.

Professional Delivery Manager ** (2 stars) – Leads Medium Projects Trustworthy Delivery Manager with relevant experience managing Medium Projects. Manages a team of up to 3 developers and is responsible for designing a solution’s architecture from scratch with up to 3 well defined integrations with 3rd party systems.

Expert Delivery Manager – Leads Complex Projects Senior Delivery Manager with relevant experience in several Medium or Complex Projects. Manages teams with more than 3 developers and is able to design complex solution’s architecture targeting any 3rd party system with demanding performance requirements.

Cheers, Mário

Hello all,

Here's my last post in this thread about the Engagement Manager certification.

Associate Engagement Manager – Starting with OutSystems Agile Methodology
Understands the basic concepts of agile methods and knows the overall responsibilities of an Engagement Manager.

Associate Engagement Manager * (one star) – Needs regular help
Now starting as an Engagement Manager, requires coaching from a Professional Engagement Manager. Has a project management background but little or no experience with agile methods.

Associate Engagement Manager ** (2 stars) – Manages Simple Projects
Can manage a Simple Project with a well defined scope and one single stakeholder with decision power. Has project management experience, but is giving the first steps with agile projects.

Professional Engagement Manager ** (2 stars) – Manages Medium Projects
Trustworthy Engagement Manager with relevant experience managing Medium Projects with well defined scope but with room for additional drill down and prioritization. Is able to manage up to 2 stakeholders with different interests for the project (e.g. they belong to different departments).
Has relevant experience as Associate Engagement Manager or managing agile projects.

Expert Engagement Manager – Manages Complex Projects
Senior Engagement Manager with relevant experience in several Medium or Complex Projects. Can tackle projects where there’s a high level of uncertainty and significant business analysis is required. Is able to manage up to 4 stakeholders with different interests for the project (e.g. they belong to different departments). Has deep knowledge and experience about managing agile methods.

Cheers,
Mário
Can you please help me elaborate more about this step

Associate Developer * (1 star) – Needs regular help
Develops template based applications with create, edit, show and list screens. Requires regular help and is not autonomous. Must be supervised by a Professional Developer.

Who are this Professional Developer? Where do I get a list of emails for supervision?

Thanks

Hi Albert,

The Training and Certification program was recently updated and we no longer use the "stars" as label for your certification.

To know more about OutSystems Training and Certification download this datasheet here.

Regarding your question, let me see if I understand... Are you looking for the contacts of Professional Developers? If so, they are not public for privacy reasons.

Cheers,

Mário

"Are you looking for the contacts of Professional Developers? if so, they are not public for privacy reasons"

-Yes I do. If thats the case, to whom can I request endorsement for my project? Can you be my mentor :) Below are the details of my upcoming task for our client

SCENARIO:
Actually I am a bit newbie in Web Applications Development because I was a Database Administrator for 3 years and I have no prior experience in Web Development. I started studying OutSystem since last week and I find it easy to understand (so far...)

Worlddoc (https://www.worlddoc.com) wants me to "re-construct/ re-create/ copy" their existing website using OutSystems Agile Network. I have finished the Developer Course 1 of the online training Modules, but whenever I tried to take the exam for Developer Course 2 and it is always unavailable (why?) It says that I need to accomplished the previous module (Developer Course1 - completed). They (worlddoc) have given me at least 2 weeks to complete the task ('till the end of Sept). Then I will be tasked to train other developers so in line with this I need to undergo the certication process and get certified.

I hope you can help me or refer me to other experienced OutSystems developer so that I may ask for an endorsement from them for this project.

I will leave my email address below for your reference

abmatubis@pldtdsl.net or matubisalbert@gmail.com

More Power and God Bless!!!

Albert B. Matubis