[CKEditor] How to remove the preview text

Forge Component
(25)
Published on 8 May by Leonardo Fernandes
25 votes
Published on 8 May by Leonardo Fernandes

How to remove the Preview Text?

The Preview text cannot be deleted and it is not updating when an image is uploaded. Although the text are not added to the content, the users are confused by this preview text.

Thank you.

Regards,

-Edwin

Hi Edwin,

To help you better, please either provide a screenshot of the input widgets and variables used to create the CKEditor, or a sample OML where your widget in question is being used.  Need to see your configs to get an idea of what is wrong.

Hi Edwim,

Last time I used CKEditor the text area was associated with a local variable which was set up in the screen's preparation.

Check which variable is linked with that field and remove the potential assigned that is being made.

However, are you trying to remove the text ifself or all of the preview structure?

Best regards,

João Delgado

João Delgado wrote:

Hi Edwim,

Last time I used CKEditor the text area was associated with a local variable which was set up in the screen's preparation.

Check which variable is linked with that field and remove the potential assigned that is being made.

However, are you trying to remove the text ifself or all of the preview structure?

Best regards,

João Delgado

Hi João,

Thanks for your reply.

The text area has no problem it is just that when I click the properties of the image, this preview is shown and it has preview does not accurately give me the preview of what is in my text area.

Clicking this:

This will open:

And even if I choose and upload the image, the preview text is still there and cannot be edited.

Solution

Edwin,

Sorry for my delay with this reply. 

That behaviour is established in the component's Javascript, therefore in order to remove the text you need to look into it.

You need to visit the CKEditor Module, go to resources and open the following resource:

Then, inside that file you will find the javascript that will run when you click in the image button. Here you see a sample of that code where you can find the text:

Now you just need to remove the text or adapt it the way you desire. Change the resource to the new one and after that, don´t forget to publish again and do the manage dependencies proccess.

As you can see in the attached file, it worked for me. 

Best Regards,

João Delgado

P.S: After that procedure I suggest you to clean your browser data.

Solution

João Delgado wrote:

Edwin,

Sorry for my delay with this reply. 

That behaviour is established in the component's Javascript, therefore in order to remove the text you need to look into it.

You need to visit the CKEditor Module, go to resources and open the following resource:

Then, inside that file you will find the javascript that will run when you click in the image button. Here you see a sample of that code where you can find the text:

Now you just need to remove the text or adapt it the way you desire. Change the resource to the new one and after that, don´t forget to publish again and do the manage dependencies proccess.

As you can see in the attached file, it worked for me. 

Best Regards,

João Delgado

P.S: After that procedure I suggest you to clean your browser data.

Thank you, Joao!

I will try this out.

Regards,

-Edwin

Hi Edwin,

Did you manage to fix your problem?

Best regards,

João Delgado

João Delgado wrote:

Hi Edwin,

Did you manage to fix your problem?

Best regards,

João Delgado

I did what you have instructed and it worked after clearing the browser data.

Thank you.

Regards,

- Edwin