Custom onClick jquery on accordion header only fires once.

Hi all,

I am trying to fire an onclick function when an Accordion is closed. I have got it working but only on the first instance of the click. If i re open the accordion and close it again the function is not reached although I can clearly see in the browsers dev tools the class change on which I have put the listener is still firing.Here is  my function which is written in a jquery webblock and in a document.ready(function(){})

SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

$('#"+insuranceAccordian.Id+" "+".AccordionVertical__header').click(function () {
 if(!$('.AccordionVertical_item').hasClass('open') ) {

alert('Contractor details have been saved');
        $('.saveButton').click();
}
})

Any pointers as to why this does not get reached after the first time would be greatly appreciated.

I should point out I am using this to  fire a save button in a webblock which is inside the accordion from the parent screen.

Thanks

Hi Rob,

Are you using ajax refresh on the accordion? I think you also need to refresh the jquery webblock where your code is. Hope this will help. Thanks!

Joseph Francisco wrote:

Hi Rob,

Are you using ajax refresh on the accordion? I think you also need to refresh the jquery webblock where your code is. Hope this will help. Thanks!

Hi Joseph, 

Im afraid this has not worked for me. I have put another on click in the jquery to fire a hidden button in the parent screen which points to a screen action that refreshes the accordion and the jquery block but no joy. I even put it in a setTimeout of 1500m/s to give it a chance to fire the original save action before the 'open' class is changed by the refresh. Its a shame i cant add my own jquery directly into the accordion js, I could just fire the onclick in the same function as the add/remove class function of the accordion. Aah well back to the drawing board.