Hi,

How can I convert Outsystem DB data to different locales?

PS: other than hardcoding on click of multilingual locale tab under interface

Thanks,

Ronan

Hi Ronan,

There is no provision in the Platform for translation of non-static data (i.e. all data in normal Entities). You'll have to write that yourself. There are many possible solutions, but all will involve a) storing the translations in the database per locale and b) using Functions to retrieve the data for a specific label and locale.

I just want to add that for Static Entities, the built-in translation system works, and their labels will be in the list of fields to translate if you mark the entity with "use translations" in the advanced tab. (I think it's even on by default)

Hi Tim,

What is it that you want to achive, that is not already possible. You can translate static entity labels already using Service Studio.

Not sure if I understand "hardcoding" in your original post sentence:  "other than hardcoding on click of multilingual locale tab under interface"

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniël,

I think you misread Tim's reply. He's just replying to Ronan, the OP. Also, I think Ronan means the translations of fixed text - he's looking for translations of dynamic text in the database.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Daniël,

I think you misread Tim's reply. He's just replying to Ronan, the OP. Also, I think Ronan means the translations of fixed text - he's looking for translations of dynamic text in the database.

Ha yes, I totally misread that, sorry