Hey there ??

My name is Costa, co-founder of VisualEyes. At VisualEyes' we are helping creators design beautiful, accessible and efficient user interfaces through continuous feedback.

Last week I had an interview with one of our clients and he mentioned Outsystems and how they are building their applications with the help of the provided software.

I was curious about components in Forge and how we could have implemented VisualEyes in your low-code platform. Our main functionality would be to evaluate instantly the design of the user and share some feedback mainly with Heatmaps and Scorings.

Any clue on what to read about how we can develop our plugin? We do not have a clue on how Outsystems works. 

Any insight and help will be appreciated!

Kostantinos Alexoglou wrote:

Hey there ??

My name is Costa, co-founder of VisualEyes. At VisualEyes' we are helping creators design beautiful, accessible and efficient user interfaces through continuous feedback.

Last week I had an interview with one of our clients and he mentioned Outsystems and how they are building their applications with the help of the provided software.

I was curious about components in Forge and how we could have implemented VisualEyes in your low-code platform. Our main functionality would be to evaluate instantly the design of the user and share some feedback mainly with Heatmaps and Scorings.

Any clue on what to read about how we can develop our plugin? We do not have a clue on how Outsystems works. 

Any insight and help will be appreciated!

Hi Costa,

From your explanation I understand that you're new to Outsystems and aren't sure how it all works?

In that case it might be best to start with going through the developer course(s) to get an idea of how the platform works and what is possible.
The courses can be found here: https://www.outsystems.com/learn/paths/

I suggest doing the traditional web developer course and/or mobile developer course to get to know the platform and it's advantages.

Once you're familiar with the platform you'll be better equipped to decide on which way you'd like to implement VisualEyes into the platform. 

Kind regards,

Glenn

Hi Kostantino,

To help you situate within Outsystems. You can build Web/ Mobile hybrid Applications and React apps.
The final result of Web Outystems is ASP.net code.

I looked at the product Visual Eyes. If you load the html content via url, could be create a component, where simply extracts all links within an application, and then pass it to Visual Eyes, for proccesing, but still it remains independent from Outsystems.

In case you want more integration within Outsystems, my advice would be to contact Outsystems itself, and see the tecnhical limitations.

We cant create plugins to be attached to the IDE(Service Studio).