[Camera Plugin] Be able to change quality and resolution by parameters
Question
Forge component by OutSystems R&D

Hi.

At all time that update this plugin we've to implement it (again), because our solutions allow to configure quality and resolution of picture taked.

I create this idea: https://www.outsystems.com/ideas/7587/be-able-to-choose-quality-and-resolution-of-picture-taked-from-cameraplugin

Solution

Hi guys! I just want you to know that we've listened to your feedback and we've addressed some limitations of the Camera Plugin. Maycon, thank you for submitting your idea, it was quite useful for us to arrive at the present solution.

So starting from V7.0.1 of this plugin (now booked as under development on Forge), you can define the Quality, Width, Height, and Encoding Type (JPEG, PNG) of your photos just by selecting/defining the properties of the TakePicture action.

In addition, we've created two new blocks that should appear on the widget's panel after you install the new version of the plugin. These blocks hugely accelerate the implementation of "Take Picture" or "Choose from Gallery" actions. Likewise, you can define the properties of these blocks to choose the image quality parameters that suit you better.

Have a look at the new documentation page of the Camera plugin for more information on these new features.

Please, try out this version by going on the versions tab of Forge and downloading V7.0.1, and let us know what you think. We should be passing this version to stable in a couple of weeks. 

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi.

Hope that OS implement the idea. I think that is very usedeful.

BR,

Luis

I also wanted to post this idea, but I see it's already there. +1!

+1 from me. Easy to implement but we do need to re-do it every time there's a new version.

Solution

Hi guys! I just want you to know that we've listened to your feedback and we've addressed some limitations of the Camera Plugin. Maycon, thank you for submitting your idea, it was quite useful for us to arrive at the present solution.

So starting from V7.0.1 of this plugin (now booked as under development on Forge), you can define the Quality, Width, Height, and Encoding Type (JPEG, PNG) of your photos just by selecting/defining the properties of the TakePicture action.

In addition, we've created two new blocks that should appear on the widget's panel after you install the new version of the plugin. These blocks hugely accelerate the implementation of "Take Picture" or "Choose from Gallery" actions. Likewise, you can define the properties of these blocks to choose the image quality parameters that suit you better.

Have a look at the new documentation page of the Camera plugin for more information on these new features.

Please, try out this version by going on the versions tab of Forge and downloading V7.0.1, and let us know what you think. We should be passing this version to stable in a couple of weeks. 

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.