move sub popup beyond over the first popup boundary.

Hi

1.Is that possible to make move the second popup all over the screen?

Please see the pic,the second popup(dark) is ONLY moveable right now in the First popup(DarkGray).

I want the second popup can be moved every where in the screen else every popup work.

2.I assume the popup editor for the second popup defined in the first pop,that`s why the second popup can be moveable ONly in the first popup.Is that correct??

Thank you in ahead,

Ei

You are correct. 

Remember, a popup screen is opened inside an iframe. If you open a second popup insed the first, you will be limkted by the first iFrame. 

Using Javascript and/or CSS you probably will be able to redim the second iframe to occupie the first, or using Fixed position MAYBE go over, but I am not sure (never tested). 

But this is really bad practice, as it creates a bad user experience. 

I recommend you to avoid open popups inside popups. 

You can, for example, manipulate the first screen to show the information IN screen, instead of in popjp, and then use the second popup normally. 

You can also use Modals. In veraion 11 you can have more than one modal in the screen. But the experience is as bad as with popups. 

Cheers 

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

You are correct. 

Remember, a popup screen is opened inside an iframe. If you open a second popup insed the first, you will be limkted by the first iFrame. 

Using Javascript and/or CSS you probably will be able to redim the second iframe to occupie the first, or using Fixed position MAYBE go over, but I am not sure (never tested). 

But this is really bad practice, as it creates a bad user experience. 

I recommend you to avoid open popups inside popups. 

You can, for example, manipulate the first screen to show the information IN screen, instead of in popjp, and then use the second popup normally. 

You can also use Modals. In veraion 11 you can have more than one modal in the screen. But the experience is as bad as with popups. 

Cheers 

Hello Sir 

Would you mind explaining me again why developer needs to avoid open popup inside popup?Please.

What is "bad user experience"?

Again, let me confirm of your example, just show the information in popup balloon or something else in Main Screen , instead of displaying first popup. Then for the second popup , it will be called from the information screen. Is it correct sir?

Thank you Again,

Solution

HI,

A Popup can be used to "show" some information or to ask information from the user. In general, you want to focus the user on this task, but without leaving the page, hence the popup instead of navigating away.

If you open a popup, and from it open a second one, you are creating multiple "popups" that are hierarchically connected, causing a little mess in the screen with the "third level". Popups should be used wisely. Popups inside popups show your screen has some complex interface that may be simplified or split.

And yes, you are right. You can show/ask for information "inline", and if necessary can use a popup for something related. This also solves this kind of problems, as popups are not easy to control the dimensions being not that much responsive (in my opinion).

Or you can show the popup, and show/ask for information inline, inside the popup.

Cheers.

Solution

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

HI,

A Popup can be used to "show" some information or to ask information from the user. In general, you want to focus the user on this task, but without leaving the page, hence the popup instead of navigating away.

If you open a popup, and from it open a second one, you are creating multiple "popups" that are hierarchically connected, causing a little mess in the screen with the "third level". Popups should be used wisely. Popups inside popups show your screen has some complex interface that may be simplified or split.

And yes, you are right. You can show/ask for information "inline", and if necessary can use a popup for something related. This also solves this kind of problems, as popups are not easy to control the dimensions being not that much responsive (in my opinion).

Or you can show the popup, and show/ask for information inline, inside the popup.

Cheers.

Hello Sir

Thank you so much for your detail explanation.

It helps a lot for the developer.

Ei