Hello,

Im trying to add data through a popup in a Reactive webapp project. When submitting the form with empty values nothing happens. 

Ive tried to move the form outside the popup (on the screen) and in this case the validation messages do show up. 

Im wondering if this is a known bug in outsystems or that i need to add a form in a different way. 

Hi Indesh, 

Can you to attach a oml of example?

Hi indesh before the close pop up action, add the pop up notify action, this action will notify the OnNotify action on the parent screen,

in the parent screen OnNotify action, add the feedback message

hope this helps,

Regards,

Marvei

Hi Marvei,

I believe your solution is applicable for traditional web application, and the issue here is for reactive web application. For reactive web there is a new widget called popup, which is also on the same screen.

Hi Indesh,

Even though in presentation it appears the popup is on the same screen, right now, it treats the popup as another screen (hence the form is no longer in scope upon closure). Since this is the case you should add an action on blur of the popup wherein it acts as the OnNotify action of traditional web which Marvei already mentioned; the action includes saving the state of the form. The downside to this is that built-in validation is useless, and the validation styles do not apply to the inputs on the form inside the popup.

Hope this helps!

- Emman

Emman wrote:

Hi Marvei,

I believe your solution is applicable for traditional web application, and the issue here is for reactive web application. For reactive web there is a new widget called popup, which is also on the same screen.

Ohh, i see i thought its just the same, anyway thanks for the info 

cheers