feedback on a reactive version of the flim database of the orginal web development co

Hello, 

To practice more with the reactive idea , I decided to make a reactive version of the flim database which is made on the traditional web developer course.  I saw that a lot of data which must be entered are avaible on the external api. Also I decided to make a more modern look to the website.

I have now a rough version ready and wonder what people find of it. 

I have to add things like crew and the cast. 

if there are other things I can improve im also happy to know because im not a front-end person more a back-end one. 

You can see it working here :  https://roelof-wobben5.outsystemscloud.com/FilmDatabase/HomeScreen?_ts=637088193792010265

also  I will include my code made on the beta  11 version of Studio

Solution

Hi Roelof,

When you search for a movie and then press the save button, there is no feedback on what happens.

So I pressed it several times, then to figure out the movie is added several times to your database.

My suggestion is, to change the text "Save" to "Add to database" and make sure that you can only do that when the movie does not already exists.

Also after adding give feedback to user or navigate to the overview of movies with the just added movie filtered.

Good luck with it.

Regards,

Daniel

Solution

Thanks, 

I thought that I made a unique index to prevent that a movie is added several times.

I will add a feedback message to indicate that the movie is added. 

What do you exactly mean with navigate to the overvieuw with just added movies filtered.

Change the text to for example  filtered movies  or all movies? 

Roelof

Edit1: is there a trick to remove the duplicates  so I can implement the index which is somehow deleted.  

I mean, you could after adding the movie let the program navigate to https://roelof-wobben5.outsystemscloud.com/FilmDatabase/HomeScreen, so that one sees the added movie.

The unique index is good to do, but it will generate an exception. You better check with an aggregate if the movie already exists so you can either show a more user friendly message.

Yep, that was also what I mean to do but somehow that part is lost.

oke, I have to look how to do that with a aggerate.

Is there a trick I can delete the duplicates so I can implement the index which is also somewhere lost. 

You need to build a delete function to delete the duplicates.

oke, I have my work cut out for me.

Build a temp function which can delete the duplicates.

Find out how I can use a aggretate to check if something is already in the database.

Roelof

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

You need to build a delete function to delete the duplicates.

I have a new version online which I think I have solved all your feedback.

any more feedback or am I on the right track 

Not all I am still able to add same movie twice.

This kind of testing you can of course do perfectly yourself.

Before you program something think about the acceptance criteria like 

1. A movie can only be added once.

2. When a search is performed for a movie and no movie is found with the entered title then shoe an appropriate feedback message.

Wierd, I tested it myself  with star wars and then I saw a message that the flim already exist.

back to the drawing board what went wrong then 

oke, 

Changed the test to another place and for me I cannot add a movie a second time. 

I see then this : 

So if you can , I would like to know how you do that.

and with a flim that does not exist, I see this : 

The check needs to be done prior to you save a move to your database. I just added "a bridge to far" twice.

yep. I do that as far as I know,  I think my condition is wrong 

Some one a hint where I take the wrong path ? 

Roelof

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

The check needs to be done prior to you save a move to your database. I just added "a bridge to far" twice.

I think  I solved it.  Tested several times and I cannot add a flim a second time