[Data Grid] Data Grid Combo box interlock

Forge Component
(32)
Published on 4 Dec (4 days ago) by OutSystems R&D
32 votes
Published on 4 Dec (4 days ago) by OutSystems R&D

Hi,

How can I make multiple combo boxes work together?

I want to change the contents displayed in B's combo box in response to the result of A's combo box.

Unable to catch event whose combo box has been changed by EventTrigger.

Can someone give me a sample?

Solution

Hello Yuichiro Tada,

You can filter the combox list from the value selected on another combox by using the ComparatorJSONField in the GridColumnselect. 

For sample, Please download forge component Data Grid Sample from the link .

There is an example on this on Grid page on the columns vehicle type and vehicle name combo boxes. 

Thanks,

Babu

Solution

Babu Basha wrote:

Hello Yuichiro Tada,

You can filter the combox list from the value selected on another combox by using the ComparatorJSONField in the GridColumnselect. 

For sample, Please download forge component Data Grid Sample from the link .

There is an example on this on Grid page on the columns vehicle type and vehicle name combo boxes. 

Thanks,

Babu

Thank you very much.

This issue has been resolved.

Let me ask additional questions.

If the name of the Structure that maps to the JSON Field and the name of the REST code that generates the combo box are different, do they work correctly?

For example, when JSONField is "VehicleCode" and Structure field name obtained with URL_GetVehicles.URL is VehicleCode2.

Multiple items displayed in the Grid may use the same identifier. (Like CreatedBy (UserId) and UpdateBy (UserId))

Hello Yuichiro Tada,

one of the things that I noticed with GridColumnSelect is, The name of the Id column on the actual data list and the reference data column should be the same in order for the select to work seamlessly. If the JSONField is VehicleCode, the field from the reference data URL_GetVehicles should also have VehicleCode.

With regards to Multiple items displayed on the grid with same identifier, It doesn't matter since the Data grid is a java script based control customised on top of wijmo flexgrid and sees all ID's as the native data type(e.g. integer, etc.)

Thank you for the easy-to-understand explanation.

I was able to solve it safely.

Yuichiro Tada wrote:

Thank you for the easy-to-understand explanation.

I was able to solve it safely.

Glad to help. Would you be able to mark as solution :))

Thank you!