I'm getting a binary data of Excel file from URL.. How to assign it into the entity?

I'm getting a binary data from an URL that holds an Excel file. I don't know how to assign the Data from the binary data to the entity. (The entity contains 5 Attributes and the data from the binary data also contains 5 Column Excel file with same Column name.)

Hi,

You can store your binary file in an entity. You just need to add an Entity Attribute (Data Type: Binary).

It is good practice to have a separate Entity that contains just an Id and the Binary data. The reason for this is that databases store binary content "slow down" the normal database in stuff like searching and indexing.

Hope it helps :)

Nélio Dionisio wrote:

Hi,

You can store your binary file in an entity. You just need to add an Entity Attribute (Data Type: Binary).

It is good practice to have a separate Entity that contains just an Id and the Binary data. The reason for this is that databases store binary content "slow down" the normal database in stuff like searching and indexing.

Hope it helps :)

Hi, 

But  I want to store the data inside the binary data. And assign those data to the entity. How to extract the data from the binary data?

Hi,

You have to use the ExcelToRecordList tool to convert the binary data into a list of records: